• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Freezing Realism

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you attempt to freeze someone, who are not touching the ground for whatever reason or even a wall, it should create an iceblock on the target's feet, which would result of it dragging the user downards and induce velocity damage upon impact (or just force them to "fall" and thus induce fall damage).

Airbenders can counter this by punching a block a couple of times to break it completely, and they can reactivate airspout/flight to cut the fall and continue on soaring.

In minecraft, waterbender created ice domes look ugly (and many can agree), especally when they're floating in the air. It just doesn't look good seeing ice cubes there stupidly. Also, this reduces building-griefing in areas that not seem to be appear appriopate (in the skies).

In-game:

Last edited:

AndDrew

Why do you make so many suggestions every day? They're redundant since the plans for PK 1.9.0 are already made and are already being slowly implemented in the betas. And i'm 99% sure that they're not going to change their plans.

I don't think it is the end to providing any feedbakc even after 1.9.0 is finished. Considering that they split and reorganized the suggestion section into areas for each dedicated elements, I do not think they would waste the time to do that, If what you're saying is true. Why else would they do that? Of course your a staff member, so maybe you know more or have a good insight as to why PK development doesn't want to hear more ideas, despite the fact it keeps the bending section open for new threads to come in.
Why do you make so many suggestions every day?
Not su much recently. I only post them one day per week on average. I certainly do not post it everyday.

NickC1211

Why do you make so many suggestions every day? They're redundant since the plans for PK 1.9.0 are already made and are already being slowly implemented in the betas. And i'm 99% sure that they're not going to change their plans.
Like you said "slowly implementing". All that time it takes them to implement something they can view other suggestions and improve upon or change it for the better. Just because they have something doesn't mean they aren't open to suggestion.

NickC1211

Also what is the holdup with these slow implementations according to loony about a week ago no work was being done on the next beta

Also what is the holdup with these slow implementations according to loony about a week ago no work was being done on the next beta
Perhaps they're saving the time or finished with all the stuff, but saving it for the last thing from the contest thingy. A winner should be nomitated tommorow and (s)he addon will be imported soon. I would honestly laugh, If it were to take more longer to release the core to the delay of introducing that submitted ability.

xNuminousx

Just because he makes suggestions doesn't mean they're for 1.9. His suggestions can be taken into consideration for future betas or core releases... There is a future for Pk after 1.9 believe it or not

xNuminousx

As for the ACTUAL suggestion and not Dog's irrelevant comment about Mesk being one of the main contributors to keeping this community ALIVE :/

When you attempt to freeze someone, who are not touching the ground for whatever reason or even a wall, it should create an iceblock on the target's feet, which would result of it dragging the user downards and induce velocity damage upon impact (or just force them to "fall" and thus induce fall damage).
I really wish I could picture this in minecraft but in my head it looks disgusting.... I agree with the concept but just not aesthetically pleasing in minecraft.

Airbenders can counter this by punching a block a couple of times to break it completely, and they can reactivate airspout/flight to cut the fall and continue on soaring.
Why just Airbenders? Yea, that's what was shown in the show, but others should be able to do it too. Fire/Earth/Water/Chi all end up in the air at some point or another. And besides, if Air (One of the weakest in muscle density if you ask me) can punch some ice off their foot, why shouldn't an Earth/Fire/Water bender be able to?

In minecraft, waterbender created ice domes look ugly (and many can agree), especally when they're floating in the air. It just doesn't look good seeing ice cubes there stupidly. Also, this reduces building-griefing in areas that not seem to be appear appriopate (in the skies).
I agree the floating ice does look bad in Minecraft, however I feel so would a block of ice around your feet. Besides, wouldn't minecraft physics take over and the block would just push you out of it's center? I'm going to go into minecraft in a bit and make some "visuals" for the ice on the feet. The way I think it should go.

xNuminousx

he's wrong
And by looking at both the GitHub and Trello, Loony is right. Yea you could be doing some BTS work, but doesn't seem like any of it's been merged. The last thing merged in GitHub was the main update (1.8.3). Although there could be merges that we can't see, I don't know. And recently "AvatarStateOnFInalBlow. . ." Was moved to "Complete" in the Trello, but that's an RPG addon. In the public's eye, the last time work was done with Project Korra was 2 months ago. And when Loony said nothing was being done, that just confirmed it. So it makes sense we'd believe him.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
And by looking at both the GitHub and Trello, Loony is right. Yea you could be doing some BTS work, but doesn't seem like any of it's been merged. The last thing merged in GitHub was the main update (1.8.3). Although there could be merges that we can't see, I don't know. And recently "AvatarStateOnFInalBlow. . ." Was moved to "Complete" in the Trello, but that's an RPG addon. In the public's eye, the last time work was done with Project Korra was 2 months ago. And when Loony said nothing was being done, that just confirmed it. So it makes sense we'd believe him.
Just because we aren't merging anything doesn't mean we aren't doing anything. I would recommend asking a dev if you think nothing is being done, because the others don't always see what we're doing.

I actually found it aesthetically pleasing, and even more with the screenshot you provided off. That's how freeze in my opinion: only cover the user's body, and not sculpt the ice 3x bigger than a player's body. That's much more realistic imo.

And thanks for providing pictures. I appreciate it. Might I add it to the original post?

xNuminousx

I actually found it aesthetically pleasing, and even more with the screenshot you provided off. That's how freeze in my opinion: only cover the user's body, and not sculpt the ice 3x bigger than a player's body. That's much more realistic imo.

And thanks for providing pictures. I appreciate it. Might I add it to the original post?
I had to place a barrier block underneath the ice in the picture you quoted because other wise I'd fall through it. Idk if that's something that could be worked on in java for not.

Idk if that's something that could be worked on in java for not.
I think it is certaintly possible.

The Freeze should provide the target respective slowness level (that immobiles him/her), disables airbending or whatever fly method, and the check must be done to ensure the temporal ice block (it will get destroy upon impact) still exists near/below the target. That's one of achieving it through the code execution. Might work optimally as an nonfallingentity, but that would look blocky. I think fallingentity would just have the victim phase through the block while falling, then it would be a really big immersion breaker problem.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
This really wouldn't work to well, as having a temp block while falling is going to stop the players movement, similarly to how water benders use surge to stop their falls.

And this seems kind of pointless especially if someone is hit while jumping or on a spout, it would only make sense with Flight and flight already has a maxhits feature for disabling it mid flight.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.