• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Forums Banner

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I posted it here! I was just messing around with GIMP and I was looking around the forums. I came across a post by Mist that the site needed a banner. So I made one and I want to know what you guys think of it! Click 'Like' if you like it! (Duh)

Thanks for checkin' this out!
PS: I'm super unsure about the Fire Nation Emblem being the T.

Last edited:

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
You should try to remove the white space in the Fire Nation symbol, everything else is fine.

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I posted it here! I was just messing around with GIMP and I was looking around the forums. I came across a post by Mist that the site needed a banner. So I made one and I want to know what you guys think of it! Click 'Like' if you like it! (Duh)

Thanks for checkin' this out!
PS: I'm super unsure about the Fire Nation Emblem being the T.
Tip the fire upside down :p

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Also possibly remove all white in the background of the emblem images? Just an idea, the white looks look but without white behind the FireNation emblem it throws the banner off in my opinion.
Wonderful job on the banner though I would love to see it modified a bit more and used on the site!

~Apple<3

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
I will admit I am fond of the font used in this banner (I'd love it if you could tell me what the name of it was) but it seems as though the banner as a whole is a bit cramped. The fire nation T just doesn't sit well with me and it looks like the nation emblems are sized wrong. I'm the one who made the current banner for the site and I talked extensively with Mist about which nations should be shown and we both came to the conclusion that all of them wasn't a see-able option. Therefore I chose to stick with one element. (Water due to Korra being from the water tribe and overall a water bender) Overall I think that you are going in the right direction but are trying to add to much to the banner. Sure complex may be good and look nice but the main thing you need to worry about is "Does it accomplish its goal?" and "Is it easy enough for everyone to understand?" Try to go a bit simpler if you are still pursuing this and shoot me a PM with the name of that font.

PS. Please note that I'm not trying to bash his image or call it bad because its not. I'm trying to give my constructive criticism as someone who has taken countless college art classes, both traditional and digital which specialized in the elements and principals of art and done this in both a professional and personal environment. Also, thanks for reading.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Thanks everyone for their input, but I'm most certainly NOT a graphic designer. I just made this because I was bored and I thought the site still needed a banner.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
I actually revamped the old banner I made and sent it off to Mist to be put on the site earlier today. It should be on the site sometime today.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Actually... he still hasn't put it up for some reason... owo