• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Flight improvments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
So after seeing how Zaheer's flight abilities worked in the show, I have come to the conclusion that flight abilities don't work if the airbender is weighed down or anything, or if their feet are frozen, unmovable, etc. basically, they must remain lightweight to fly. So, I think, if the airbender wears armor (for example, if it is metalbended onto them with metal clips), or if they are frozen, then flight should not be possible, or canceled if already in affect, for a short amount of time and while wearing the armor or weighed down. In addition, being bloodbended should cancel the effect and should obviously not be possible while bloodbending or metal clips is in effect, due to the abilities' control over the body, especially bloodbending. Being hit by any attack should also cancel the affect, but still allow the airbender to quickly reactivate the ability. In addition, as shown when Korra pulled Zaheer towards the ground when being dragged down in the tornado, He did not use airbending to break his fall. If the airbender is unable to reactivate the ability before falling to the ground, they should receive fall damage.

All the above however, will be negated and will not affect flight if the airbender is in the Avatar State.

paliate

Verified Member
I believe that they do fall after taking 5 damage.
It wouldn't make sense for them to take fall damage while flying, I don't think the PVP community would like that aswell.
I sortof lost you when you started talking about bloodbending / metal clips aswell..

But i highly like the idea of them not being able to fly with armor on.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I believe that they do fall after taking 5 damage.
It wouldn't make sense for them to take fall damage while flying, I don't think the PVP community would like that aswell.
I sortof lost you when you started talking about bloodbending / metal clips aswell..

But i highly like the idea of them not being able to fly with armor on.
Well, it is open to suggestions. as for bloodbending and metal clips, I was basically saying that those abilities would prevent an airbender from use flight, or cancel the affects if flight is already in use.

DanStryder

Verified Member
I think the idea of weight is a bit iffy, Zaheer comes across as being very light, that doesn't mean he NEEDS to be light, I've used this example more than once when discussing flight, Zaheer is perfectly fine with carrying Korra away and he looks at ease with her.

However I do agree that if MetalClip or BloodBending is used on the Air Bender in flight then it should cancel their flight for the amount of time they being controlled. I don't think there should be a cooldown seeing as again Zaheer seems perfectly fine with flying whenever he wants with no effort required at all

Status
Not open for further replies.