• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete FireTick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think that for moves such as fireblast or combustion, there should be a 'firetick' option! This would make people very happy, allowing them to customize their server more.
@Kiam McQuaid

EDIT: I think that all firebending moves should have this config, not just the ones up there ^

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I've been thinking a lot about firetick and accuracy to firebending in general. People in Avatar didn't generally catch on fire, or take damage by burning, I realize. However, firebending would be a little too weak without the fire damage. Maybe if you turn off firetick for a move it ups the damage by a heart or so?

Kiam

Verified Member
I've been thinking a lot about firetick and accuracy to firebending in general. People in Avatar didn't generally catch on fire, or take damage by burning, I realize. However, firebending would be a little too weak without the fire damage. Maybe if you turn off firetick for a move it ups the damage by a heart or so?
I think that would be the proper way to handle firebending in the future. Firedamage has become ridiculous in 1.8

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Possibly explain what "firetick" means?

I am assuming it has something to do with how long burning lasts.
Yes. Ticks are the time that minecraft and some other games run on. I do not know how many ticks are per second, always get a different answer from different people. I think either 2 ticks per second or 10 ticks per second.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Good to know, I knew what ticks meant in terms of MC. However I've never heard the expression "Fireticks." While logical, it was just new to me.

The idea has my support. Fire's DPS is too high for my taste, with the amount of damaging abilities. Being able to shorten the burn time would be greatly appreciated by me.

jedk1

Yes. Ticks are the time that minecraft and some other games run on. I do not know how many ticks are per second, always get a different answer from different people. I think either 2 ticks per second or 10 ticks per second.
its 20 per second.

Matt

Verified Member
@jedk1
Ticks are 20 per second but they tend to glitch causing it to count more or less then it should. (Maybe messing up burn time)

moo3oo3oo3

Verified Member
The only three people I know who got burns are Zuko, Katara, and Toph

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
The only three people I know who got burns are Zuko, Katara, and Toph
I just realized I had a major oversight. Avatar has a rather dark backstory, when you think about it. The Air Nomad genocide was just one aspect of that.
Sadly, Zuko, Katara, and Toph were not the only ones to get burns. Many Earth Kingdom refugees and soldiers got burns from encounters with the Fire Nation, such as the girl Zuko met (http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Song) in Season 2. This episode kind of insinuates that people getting burned by the Fire Nation is not only a common but severe issue. It's one of the reasons Zuko could blend in the Earth Kingdom so well. In their eyes, he was only another man who got in the way of the Fire Nation, with a burn to prove it.
However, when people get burned in Avatar it's just from contact from fire, and they don't usually stay on fire. So I guess this change still would make sense.

Chickenemerald

Verified Member
I just realized I had a major oversight. Avatar has a rather dark backstory, when you think about it. The Air Nomad genocide was just one aspect of that.
Sadly, Zuko, Katara, and Toph were not the only ones to get burns. Many Earth Kingdom refugees and soldiers got burns from encounters with the Fire Nation, such as the girl Zuko met (http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Song) in Season 2. This episode kind of insinuates that people getting burned by the Fire Nation is not only a common but severe issue. It's one of the reasons Zuko could blend in the Earth Kingdom so well. In their eyes, he was only another man who got in the way of the Fire Nation, with a burn to prove it.
However, when people get burned in Avatar it's just from contact from fire, and they don't usually stay on fire. So I guess this change still would make sense.
Also aang got burns, not bad ones though, and iroh technically

Status
Not open for further replies.