• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Firecombo: ShotGunWall

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Name: ShieldShot
Element: Fire
Combo:Click Fireblast, Click FireShield, Click WallOfFire.
Use: After this combo is done, a wall of fire somewhat smaller then regular wall of fire would blast forwards and push people back and do damage like fireblast on impact, and continue burning someone until the move stops, which would continue about the lenth of a regular surge.
Inspiration: I read somewhere that a shotgun would fire more like a wall. I know this is false(pellets only spread a few inchs), but it gave me the idea to make this move.

Adam

Verified Member
I like the move, but it reminds me of something........
Anyways, i hope it would be added!

Adam

Verified Member
You know..... earth being able to do something simmilar.The possibility to move a chunk of a raised earth........
Maybe?

owlcool

Verified Member
You know..... earth being able to do something simmilar.The possibility to move a chunk of a raised earth........
Maybe?
I think that is called shockwave. Earthbending doesn't flow from defense to offense, it is has defense and offense, but you have to choose before you raise the earth or else it is much less effective. Walls of earth are defensive, chunks of earth are offensive. Defensive Wall: RaiseEarth shift.
Defensive Chunk: Raiseearth Click or Earthblast when strategically used to block an attack.
Offensive Chunk: Earthblast
Offensive Wall: Shockwave
I think earthbending is just short of having every kind of defense there is, minus a moveable surge type defense, which is water's only defense other then strategically shooting moves out of the air.

Anyways, I think fire's defense is closer to being like waterbending's defense. You can move click fireshield, you can use the defense as offense, you can shoot moves out of the air with fireblast, and in the show Jeong Jeong seemed to be more oriented towards waterbending, with his walls of fire moving like a water wave.

Last edited:

Adam

Verified Member
Well, you are right.
But still, maybe you could be able to do something simmilar? Compared to your suggestion, shockwave is usually a very bad idea in fights.... D:

owlcool

Verified Member
Well, you are right.
But still, maybe you could be able to do something simmilar? Compared to your suggestion, shockwave is usually a very bad idea in fights.... D:
How is it a bad idea? It is very spammable, it causes a lot of lag, it is hard to dodge and block, and can do plenty of damage. So, this is a combo that sends forth a wall of fire, Maybe the size of a surge wall, during sozin's comet it could be the size of a full walloffire, and could either do a small amount of knockback with some damage, or knockback like surge does but with burning damage during the push and maybe a quarter or half of the knockback.

promancer

Verified Member
This just seems like fire's version of surge =P. Besides, it makes no sense, how does the fire sustain itself when it loses contact with the bender? This combo should have a really short range.

owlcool

Verified Member
This just seems like fire's version of surge =P. Besides, it makes no sense, how does the fire sustain itself when it loses contact with the bender? This combo should have a really short range.
How doesn't it? Have you even watched avatar the last airbender?
Have you seen what Jeong Jeong did on Sozin's comet? Why wouldn't it make sense for there to be a fire combo that does this? Have you seen the range of Jeong Jeong's firewall push? Yes, it was much larger then this. Yes, it had a longer range then what this would have. Yes, it was during Sozin's comet. I think the whole, smaller range, smaller size, less powerful bits about this would make it slightly more balanced when not during Sozin's comet.

P.s. I really have no idea what you are saying. You seem to just be making a bunch of stuff up in my P.O.V.
So, please elaborate.

promancer

Verified Member
It also just seems like a way to make firewall OP. Firewall's main weakness is it's cooldown, and it's distance.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
How doesn't it? Have you even watched avatar the last airbender?
Have you seen what Jeong Jeong did on Sozin's comet? Why wouldn't it make sense for there to be a fire combo that does this? Have you seen the range of Jeong Jeong's firewall push? Yes, it was much larger then this. Yes, it had a longer range then what this would have. Yes, it was during Sozin's comet. I think the whole, smaller range, smaller size, less powerful bits about this would make it slightly more balanced when not during Sozin's comet.

P.s. I really have no idea what you are saying. You seem to just be making a bunch of stuff up in my P.O.V.
So, please elaborate.
Our first issue here is that you're trying to make an ability for regular firebending based off of something done during the comet. In my opinion, without the comet, this is neither possible nor needed.

Janny

Verified Member
Our first issue here is that you're trying to make an ability for regular firebending based off of something done during the comet. In my opinion, without the comet, this is neither possible nor needed.
This is what I hate sometimes. Just because in the show, it was done during a comet, does NOT mean it is not possible without the comet. This is all I hear (Read in a childish nooby voice): "In the show, this was only shown to be used during a comet, from JeongJeong. So this wouldn't be possible without the comet!"

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is what I hate sometimes. Just because in the show, it was done during a comet, does NOT mean it is not possible without the comet. This is all I hear (Read in a childish nooby voice): "In the show, this was only shown to be used during a comet, from JeongJeong. So this wouldn't be possible without the comet!"
Well, this is a plugin recreating the show, and this was shown to be done during Sozins Comet. Since that is the amount of info we have, that is what we can go off of.

Hero

Verified Member
Well, you are right.
Im making a suggestion for an earth combo

owlcool

Verified Member
Well, this is a plugin recreating the show, and this was shown to be done during Sozins Comet. Since that is the amount of info we have, that is what we can go off of.
Yes, but it is still utterly realistic to give a fire bender the ability to control a smaller shield of fire. After all, we have seen a firebender control a MOTHERFREAKING FIRE DRAGON at night. I am pretty certain a wider, thiner version of that dragon as a fire shield is realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.