• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Fireburst/Airburst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Both of these moves, FireBurst and AirBurst cause a TON of lag when not used directionally. AirBurst causes slightly less, but causes a lot of lag for both the user, and the players around them.
Solutions:
  • Reduce the particles of each move.
  • Reduce the size of each move.
  • Somehow change how the moves work to cause less lag (Seems Fictional)

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Couldn't you change the charge time for them to make them more unwieldy and used less?

runefist

Verified Member
It causes lag since the way how the circle is drawn is slow, causes much calculation and some of the particles getting lost since it is 2 slow for how fast bending goes, I am working on a new method to reduce the calculation.

Right now every single fireburst shoots multiple fireblasts, like 50 or even more of them. You can see in the next picture how it works:
FireBurstAirburst.gif
This is only 2D and every single 10 degrees a fireblast gets triggered, this does not only cause a lot of calculation but also client lag since some of the fireblast overlap each other in short range area they are overlapping really badly which cause A LOT of client lag. almost 200 particles or more on every location around the player, is a lot. I will fix this with a new algorithm and share the code with Mist.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
It causes lag since the way how the circle is drawn is slow, causes much calculation and some of the particles getting lost since it is 2 slow for how fast bending goes, I am working on a new method to reduce the calculation.

Right now every single fireburst shoots multiple fireblasts, like 50 or even more of them. You can see in the next picture how it works:
View attachment 5
This is only 2D and every single 10 degrees a fireblast gets triggered, this does not only cause a lot of calculation but also client lag since some of the fireblast overlap each other in short range area they are overlapping really badly which cause A LOT of client lag. almost 200 particles or more on every location around the player, is a lot. I will fix this with a new algorithm and share the code with Mist.
Thanks for the explanation so they can fix this!

Status
Not open for further replies.