• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Firebending Underwater

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: fire
Use: This would make it possible to use firebending moves underwater.
Fireblast: fireblast would have abput one block of range, (configurable), to make water campers somewhat less powerful. While fire is debuffed underwater, it is still possible, seen by the zuko when the fire lord was still nooby. Firejet: firejet could theoretically be used underwater, albeit either slower or to less of an extent.
Extra Words: If anyone has any ideas for this, put it down below. To make a better interaction, in your own words type out how this plays out in your head. This could both make this a better thread, make it more successful in it's purpose, and help future threads in reader, author interaction.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Element: fire
Use: This would make it possible to use firebending moves underwater.
Fireblast: fireblast would have abput one block of range, (configurable), to make water campers somewhat less powerful. While fire is debuffed underwater, it is still possible, seen by the zuko when the fire lord was still nooby. Firejet: firejet could theoretically be used underwater, albeit either slower or to less of an extent.
Extra Words: If anyone has any ideas for this, put it down below. To make a better interaction, in your own words type out how this plays out in your head. This could both make this a better thread, make it more successful in it's purpose, and help future threads in reader, author interaction.
Now, I understand where you're coming from, but in most arenas, the water isn't as deep so that the tops of the waterbenders heads still can't get hit by: (lightning, charged fireblast, combustion). Also, your logic is kinda terrible, given the event your referring to is this:
091.jpg
I'd say most people would agree with me If I were to say that this is heatcontrol. Which already works underwater, I think. A side note, Zuko almost drowned because this was a somewhat slow process while he was running out of air. He didn't make any fire, so to speak, much less do a fireblast. Fire simply doesn't work like that, in the real world, or the Avatar world. I don't even know why this was a suggestion .-.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
If I'm wrong, and heatcontrol doesn't work underwater, maybe Underwater HeatControl should work but with a much much smaller radius? Maybe just one block of ice could be melted?

owlcool

Verified Member
If this,

can't stop a simple torrent, then I am pretty sure firebenders need something to buff another aspect.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
If this,

can't stop a simple torrent, then I am pretty sure firebenders need something to buff another aspect.
That's a separate suggestion I'm pretty sure, about certain fire moves dissipating water moves, which I'd fully support. Still doesn't mean we can ignore logic and say: "Screw it, I think fire is underpowered, so let's have fireblast work underwater" .-. Just stay back and use lightning or combustion. Or put a walloffire on top of the spot where they're camping. If HeatControl doesn't work underwater, I say we change the thread into that instead.

HydroMan

Verified Member
It seems unlogical for firebenders to even use any attacks like fireblast underwater ,with the firejet it can be made by making them lauch at the a top of the water ,like waterspout is used to get at the top of the air part ,by adding animation like particklas at the bottom of water to present burst of bubbles that was heated by firejet ,futher more the firejet wont allow you to go further into the sky while floating on water...

Heatblast:

Underwater HeatControl should work but with a much much smaller radius? Maybe just one block of ice could be melted?

owlcool

Verified Member
It seems unlogical for firebenders to even use any attacks like fireblast underwater ,with the firejet it can be made by making them lauch at the a top of the water ,like waterspout is used to get at the top of the air part ,by adding animation like particklas at the bottom of water to present burst of bubbles that was heated by firejet ,futher more the firejet wont allow you to go further into the sky while floating on water...

Heatblast:
Actually, the firejet won't work if you manage to get your timing "just" right while swimming. At least, that was when I checked it last, and if you get pulled into water or fall into water as a firebender in a pvp arena it is a virtual death sentence. Seems a "little" unfair, when considering the only move without a long charge time underwater is difficult to land a hit with when against another firebender, let alone a waterbender that swims faster then a airbender runs, and with how slow combustion seems to be, giving a "slight" amount of time for the waterbender to dodge it. The point of this thread is not to debuff heat control so that water campers would be more overpowered. How biased does that seem to make you people?

HydroMan

Verified Member
all is ok ,just i doubt that firebendercould make damage underwater by firing blasting which doesnt make sense to me

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Fire requires the presence of oxygen to 'live', and there is not enough oxygen inside of water to support that.. If you're wanting just a general fire buff, this isn't the thing to get.
Also, why is this inside of RPG instead of core? This would be changing moves, not an add-on to the core IMO.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Actually, the firejet won't work if you manage to get your timing "just" right while swimming. At least, that was when I checked it last, and if you get pulled into water or fall into water as a firebender in a pvp arena it is a virtual death sentence. Seems a "little" unfair, when considering the only move without a long charge time underwater is difficult to land a hit with when against another firebender, let alone a waterbender that swims faster then a airbender runs, and with how slow combustion seems to be, giving a "slight" amount of time for the waterbender to dodge it. The point of this thread is not to debuff heat control so that water campers would be more overpowered. How biased does that seem to make you people?
It's not unfair. It would be like if waterbenders asked to be able to bend water out of the air in dry areas. There's supposed to be this kind of thing. Waterbenders are fucked on land with no plants. Firebenders are fucked in water. Earthbenders are fucked when they're in the ocean. Airbenders can be fucked in enclosed spaces. But that's just how it works. Each element has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and you play to them accordingly.

owlcool

Verified Member
It's not unfair. It would be like if waterbenders asked to be able to bend water out of the air in dry areas. There's supposed to be this kind of thing. Waterbenders are fucked on land with no plants. Firebenders are fucked in water. Earthbenders are fucked when they're in the ocean. Airbenders can be fucked in enclosed spaces. But that's just how it works. Each element has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and you play to them accordingly.
Except, waterbenders actually have a chance to run out of the desert. In a ocean, waterbenders have both incredible spamming power, and firebenders are slower, and much more unable to bend. And then frostbreath was made a thing. Waterbenders at least have bottles, while if a firebender was trapped in a ocean, the only attack that would work efficiently is combustion, and that is assuming that it is without a charge time like combustion2 does. Lightning would be suicide. Waterbenders have cactus, the ocasional desert farm village, and much more then firebenders do in water.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Except, waterbenders actually have a chance to run out of the desert. In a ocean, waterbenders have both incredible spamming power, and firebenders are slower, and much more unable to bend. And then frostbreath was made a thing. Waterbenders at least have bottles, while if a firebender was trapped in a ocean, the only attack that would work efficiently is combustion, and that is assuming that it is without a charge time like combustion2 does. Lightning would be suicide. Waterbenders have cactus, the ocasional desert farm village, and much more then firebenders do in water.
Isn't it the firebender's fault for jumping into an ocean with a waterbender? They could easily stay at the shore and fight from there..

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Likewise a waterbender can evade a lightning strike.
Not when the lightning spreads up their spout.. Either way, you can't expect a firebender to have any form of advantage when you're fighting a waterbender above an ocean.. You can always firejet inland and if they care to fight they can move forward.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Likewise a waterbender can evade a lightning strike.
So what you're saying is you want a firebender to be able to fight/have some form of advantage in every conceivable situation... Which isn't true for all the other elements. Why should it be true for fire?

owlcool

Verified Member
Not when the lightning spreads up their spout.. Either way, you can't expect a firebender to have any form of advantage when you're fighting a waterbender above an ocean.. You can always firejet inland and if they care to fight they can move forward.
And then just torrent from the water. There really isn't much that you can do to shield yourself from a giant stream of water that can go straight through both your shields, is half your height, and can hit you with basically 5 blocks of give. A waterbender has no special disadvantage over land, but plenty of advantages over or under water, while fire has no real conceivable advantage over every type of land.

owlcool

Verified Member
So what you're saying is you want a firebender to be able to fight/have some form of advantage in every conceivable situation... Which isn't true for all the other elements. Why should it be true for fire?
Fire has no advantage in every conceivable situation. The other elements only have disadvantages and advantages.

Moonelight

Verified Member
All elements have their strengths and weaknesses, aswell as limits. The idea that Fire should work underwater is a unreasonable buff.

Sorry, but this is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.