• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fire Manipulation

Moonelight

Verified Member
Basically the same thing as Earth Manipulation, but with a twist.
The user that will start to use the power of Fire Manipulation will be able to pick up fire from a source, and then launch it in a direction dealing damage in 2 different ways.

Fire Manipulation

Option 1
User shifts and holds at a fire source
- Fire block gets picked up from the fire source, but still leaving the source there
User left clicks in any direction to launch the fire in that specific way
- Fire block launches and either disappears or hits a projectile dealing 3 hearts of damage
----- 2 second cool down -----
Option 2
User shifts and holds at a fire source
- Fire block gets picked up from the fire source, but still leaving the source there
User left clicks to the ground (any direction still) and a trail of fire is left dealing average burn damage to a projectile
- Fire vanishes after 2 seconds of being present on the ground
----- 5 second cool down -----

This technique was used in the ATLA Movie:

Sorry I couldn't find a better gif, not many were made :I
---------
Here is one from the show, Zuko isn't bending from a source, but it shows how I would want the move to work:

It is possible in the Korra world to bend fire from a source, they don't because there rarely ever is. But in the episode of ATLA when Zuko and Aang went to do the Dragon Dance, they took the fire from a source.

Warning: Please keep the comments on topic, and not about the movie. Yes I know it was bad, but that doesn't mean the idea is. Discussion is welcomed here as long as it is about the move. Any comments about how bad the movie is will be asked to be DELETED.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
NEVER!!! THAT SHIT MOVIE RUINED FIREBENDING AND MADE EARTHBENDING OP AND NEVER SHOWED A SINGLE MACHINE OTHER THEN A SHIP SOMEHOW THEY USED SHIPS TO GET TO THE TOP OF THE MOUTAINS ONLY ACCESSIBLE BY AIR-BISON!!!!!!! NEVER!!!! (This needed to be in here in one form or another) (p.s. Nobody is allowed to use The movie as a source, but why would we?)

Moonelight

Verified Member
NEVER!!! THAT SHIT MOVIE RUINED FIREBENDING AND MADE EARTHBENDING OP AND NEVER SHOWED A SINGLE MACHINE OTHER THEN A SHIP SOMEHOW THEY USED SHIPS TO GET TO THE TOP OF THE MOUTAINS ONLY ACCESSIBLE BY AIR-BISON!!!!!!! NEVER!!!! (This needed to be in here in one form or another) (p.s. Nobody is allowed to use The movie as a source, but why would we?)

Moonelight

Verified Member
There are quite a few reasons a lot of people hated the movie, and one of them was the fact firebenders had to use a source to bend..
Ugh, I know. Stop complaining about the movie, and look at the idea.

It is possible in the Korra world to bend fire from a source, they don't because there rarely ever is. But in the episode of ATLA when Zuko and Aang went to do the Dragon Dance, they took the fire from a source.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Hm...it'll certainly be a new direction for the firebenders. It would make sense that firebenders would be able to take fire itself as a source to bend so I can agree with this move. It should be cool to see. It works like the technique would realistically when compared to the other forms of manipulation as well.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Hm...it'll certainly be a new direction for the firebenders. It would make sense that firebenders would be able to take fire itself as a source to bend so I can agree with this move. It should be cool to see. It works like the technique would realistically when compared to the other forms of manipulation as well.
Mhm

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
What I can see happening is just fireblasting to make a fire, then to use this firemanipulation move for additional attack.. It seems like you can just make your own fire for this, not needing to have a source anyways.

Zolteex

Verified Member
To me, this seems too similar to FireBlast, and too much work for a simple move. I do not think this is needed.