• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

(Fire) FireWhips

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Now I'm pretty sure that something like this has been suggested before, but please. At least read through this suggestion entirely before commenting.

Element: Fire

Move Name: FireWhips

Move Type: MultiAbility / Offensive

Warm-Up: 1.5 seconds

Cooldown: 7 seconds

Description: You would hold sneak to start forming whips of fire that would be coming from your right hand, which would take around 1.5 seconds to form completely. If you left click while forming the right whip, you would form an additional whip in your left hand, but the formation of the whips would be considerably slower, taking an additional second for both whips to form simultaneously. If you are hit while forming the whip(s), the whips would stop forming, and the cooldown would activate. The whips, when formed, would be coming from your hands, and be laying on the ground, and when running, they would still be attached to your hands, but they would be in a line behind your hands until they catch up. Anyone that stands in the particles would start taking burn damage until they get out, with having the burn damage do an extra half a heart when they get out. They would look like a flexable line of fire particles, and they would be 4.5 blocks long. The whips for exist for about 12-14 seconds

Slot 1: WhipFormation - This would be the slot you would start in once the whip(s) have been formed. If you formed only one whip, you can hold sneak for one second to quickly form the second whip in your left hand. You can also instantly end this move by left clicking and tapping sneak while in this slot.

Slot 2: WhipSlam - You would slam your entire whip downward recklessly by holding sneak sneak for 1.5 seconds, creating a small particle explosion that would damage weak blocks when the whip slams on the ground that does 2.5 hearts of initial damage, plus half a heart of burn damage. What this would look like is when you're holding sneak, the whip would quickly go around in a circle next to the side of your arm to make it slam to the ground, while still being extended to your hand. The whip would decrease it's range by half a block.
Cooldown: 4.5 seconds

Slot 3: WhipSweep - This would be just like AirSweep- you just don't need to perform a combo for this. Hold sneak to sweep your whip while it temporarily extends an extra 2.5 blocks while sweep across the air. The move would do 1.5 hearts of initial damage, then do another heart of burn damage. It would also damage the terrain by giving it a weak explosion if it hits terrain. If you have two whips, then the whips would be somewhat parallel, increasing the hitbox of this move.
Cooldown: 2 seconds

Slot 4: WhipClash - To use this move, you would need two whips of fire. To activate this, left click, and the two whips will temporarily extend an extra 2 blocks, then come together at the last 1.5 blocks and create a narrow particle explosion around the last 1.5 blocks, dealing 2.5 hearts, and an extra half a heart of burn damage. This move would damage terrain that is caught in the last 1.5 blocks.

Slot 5: WhipBlast - Like WhipClash, you would need two fire whips to perform this move. First, you would start sneaking, and the whips of fire would retract back, and form a archs of fire particles around you. This should take 1 second. Keep sneaking for another second, and then a verticle ring of fire would appear in front of you. By then, you can left click, and the ring of fire will launch, creating a tunnel of fire for 15 blocks, leaving behind fire in it's wake, (By this, I mean leaving behind fire on the ground, and if possible, on the ceiling and walls) not stopping even if it hits a person. It will stop if it hits terrain, though. *The Vertical ring of fire should at least be 3x3 wide so it can fit a 3x3 hallway and be launched properly* The WhipBlast hits a person, it will do 1 heart of initial damage, then the rest is up to how long the player stays in the trail of fire left behind.

Notice how it's like he creates small whips of fire from his hands

Well this was my suggestion for FireWhips. Hope you enjoyed it. Leave feedback!

Last edited:

orfeas

Verified Member
Ohhhh very nice.Super specific and with no doubt will make firebending more intresting.Just a question:when yo usay initial damage do you mean damage during night or day,because i am pretty sure that damage doubles at day.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Ohhhh very nice.Super specific and with no doubt will make firebending more intresting.Just a question:when yo usay initial damage do you mean damage during night or day,because i am pretty sure that damage doubles at day.
Damage at day isn't doubled, it's just that at Night, fire is slightly nerfed, but the difference between night and day was never something drastic as that. (From my perspective) I planned for the damage I stated to be the damage done at day. I hope that if this gets accepted, PK can just nerf the damage maybe by half a heart for the all of the moves expect WhipSlam. For that, I can understand if they nerf the damage done at night down by a heart or so. I'd also expect that they give a slightly longer cooldown for the different moves as well.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Damage at day isn't doubled, it's just that at Night, fire is slightly nerfed, but the difference between night and day was never something drastic as that. (From my perspective) I planned for the damage I stated to be the damage done at day. I hope that if this gets accepted, PK can just nerf the damage maybe by half a heart for the all of the moves expect WhipSlam. For that, I can understand if they nerf the damage done at night down by a heart or so. I'd also expect that they give a slightly longer cooldown for the different moves as well.
Thats not true. Night is the normal, day is the buff

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Now I'm pretty sure that something like this has been suggested before, but please. At least read through this suggestion entirely before commenting.

Element: Fire

Move Name: FireWhips

Move Type: MultiAbility / Offensive

Warm-Up: 1.5 seconds

Cooldown: 7 seconds

Description: You would hold sneak to start forming whips of fire that would be coming from your right hand, which would take around 1.5 seconds to form completely. If you left click while forming the right whip, you would form an additional whip in your left hand, but the formation of the whips would be considerably slower, taking an additional second for both whips to form simultaneously. If you are hit while forming the whip(s), the whips would stop forming, and the cooldown would activate. The whips, when formed, would be coming from your hands, and be laying on the ground, and when running, they would still be attached to your hands, but they would be in a line behind your hands until they catch up. Anyone that stands in the particles would start taking burn damage until they get out, with having the burn damage do an extra half a heart when they get out. They would look like a flexable line of fire particles, and they would be 4.5 blocks long. The whips for exist for about 12-14 seconds

Slot 1: WhipFormation - This would be the slot you would start in once the whip(s) have been formed. If you formed only one whip, you can hold sneak for one second to quickly form the second whip in your left hand. You can also instantly end this move by left clicking and tapping sneak while in this slot.

Slot 2: WhipSlam - You would slam your entire whip downward recklessly by holding sneak sneak for 1.5 seconds, creating a small particle explosion that would damage weak blocks when the whip slams on the ground that does 2.5 hearts of initial damage, plus half a heart of burn damage. What this would look like is when you're holding sneak, the whip would quickly go around in a circle next to the side of your arm to make it slam to the ground, while still being extended to your hand. The whip would decrease it's range by half a block.
Cooldown: 4.5 seconds

Slot 3: WhipSweep - This would be just like AirSweep- you just don't need to perform a combo for this. Hold sneak to sweep your whip while it temporarily extends an extra 2.5 blocks while sweep across the air. The move would do 1.5 hearts of initial damage, then do another heart of burn damage. It would also damage the terrain by giving it a weak explosion if it hits terrain. If you have two whips, then the whips would be somewhat parallel, increasing the hitbox of this move.
Cooldown: 2 seconds

Slot 4: WhipClash - To use this move, you would need two whips of fire. To activate this, left click, and the two whips will temporarily extend an extra 2 blocks, then come together at the last 1.5 blocks and create a narrow particle explosion around the last 1.5 blocks, dealing 2.5 hearts, and an extra half a heart of burn damage. This move would damage terrain that is caught in the last 1.5 blocks.

Slot 5: WhipBlast - Like WhipClash, you would need two fire whips to perform this move. First, you would start sneaking, and the whips of fire would retract back, and form a archs of fire particles around you. This should take 1 second. Keep sneaking for another second, and then a verticle ring of fire would appear in front of you. By then, you can left click, and the ring of fire will launch, creating a tunnel of fire for 15 blocks, leaving behind fire in it's wake, (By this, I mean leaving behind fire on the ground, and if possible, on the ceiling and walls) not stopping even if it hits a person. It will stop if it hits terrain, though. *The Vertical ring of fire should at least be 3x3 wide so it can fit a 3x3 hallway and be launched properly* The WhipBlast hits a person, it will do 1 heart of initial damage, then the rest is up to how long the player stays in the trail of fire left behind.

Notice how it's like he creates small whips of fire from his hands

Well this was my suggestion for FireWhips. Hope you enjoyed it. Leave feedback!
I love how you explained the details very well. Easy to read and visualize. I support this. Looks realistic and finally something that waterbenders will need to worry about when they are in waterarms xD

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Thats not true. Night is the normal, day is the buff
Either way, I'm pretty sure that at the damage difference isn't doubled at daytime. But now that I know that, the damage and cooldown values that I have stated are the ones that I'd imagine for FireWhip and it's moves.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I syggest tto leave only firedamage for whipblast to whatever it hits. Other then that, everything seems fine to me.
Fire, Air, And Water all have ways of nullifying burn damage almost instantly, which would make WhipBlast a waste of your whips. If you're fighting an earthbender, they can always raiseearth or earthgrab in front of them to protect them, and a chi blocker can easily dodge a 3x3 wide blast that isn't controllable with their speed alone. Let's also put the charge time into consideration for WhipBlast.

orfeas

Verified Member
Oh could you please tell me witch gif creator you are using because the ones i am using make the file to big (good quality)so i am forced to make the size of the gif small.I would prefer worst quality and bigger size(like yours)

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Oh could you please tell me witch gif creator you are using because the ones i am using make the file to big (good quality)so i am forced to make the size of the gif small.I would prefer worst quality and bigger size(like yours)
I use Imgur, but Imgur can be picky when it comes giving you a BBCode or not. It really depends on the video you're using to make a gif it seems.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
I had suggested this a while back, but it got shot down. Now with multiabilities this seems to be a very likely possibility. Glad to see somebody else thought this would be a good move!

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Nice idea!
I had suggested this a while back, but it got shot down. Now with multiabilities this seems to be a very likely possibility. Glad to see somebody else thought this would be a good move!
I love how you explained the details very well. Easy to read and visualize. I support this. Looks realistic and finally something that waterbenders will need to worry about when they are in waterarms xD
I like it :)
It's good to know that a decent amount of people openly support this idea. Thanks, guys.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Don't worry about fire damage, there will most likely be a config option for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.