• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

(Fire) FireWheel Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member

This is not worthy of FireWheel.
In TLA, FireWheel was only shown once, and that was when Azula was chasing Aang when he was riding Bumi's Metal Prison box.

Therefor, I suggest improving FireWheel in the following ways.

Hold Time - What this means is that you can actually "hold" the Firewheel just like how you hold a charge for a move. Once you switch over to your blaze slot, a MUCH smaller version of firewheel will be shown in front of you. Once you release sneak, the firewheel will actually be launched.

Reason - You can't exactly see much when you're right-clicking fireshield on the ground. Even though jumping might help when it comes to movement when you're right-clicking, it doesn't change the fact that you're practically blind when performing the combo since you're looking at the ground. In order for the firewheel combo to work, you have to do the required combinations pretty fast. At least if this is added- You have a moment to see where your opponent actually went before releasing the firewheel.

Hitbox - FireWheel's hit box is just the damn particles, which quite a small hitbox incase you didn't know. What I suggest is increasing the radius (and particles) 3x, in which I'm saying to "add" two other firewheels to the sides of the current firewheel. As you see in the gif, Azula's firewheel almost takes up the entire track in terms of width. The hitbox would also be fixed appropriately.

Reason - Combine this with problem #1, which was the fact that you can barely seen when performing the combo, and you can sidestep this move VERY easily... Even if you're sneaking, you don't have to move much to prevent this move from hitting you. These two problems make the move worthless, even though it does 2.5 hearts, all you're doing is wasting your own time by doing this combo.

Trail - One thing I noticed about a week after FireCombos came out, is that after the firewheel passes you, you can still "go in it". By this, I mean that it's only when the firewheel approaches you that you can take damage. Walk through the firewheel from the side, and you should be fine.

Reason - Do I really need to state a reason for this one? It's just stupid that you can walk through the firewheel from the side. End of story

Be sure to leave your comments and some feedback!

Hero

Verified Member
You do realize you can shoot multiple firewheels, right?
I found that mega annoying when someone uses one firewheel to trick you and launch 4-5 more....

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You do realize you can shoot multiple firewheels, right?
I found that mega annoying when someone uses one firewheel to trick you and launch 4-5 more....
You do realize that A: They don't go too far B: They don't go too fast C: They have a small hitbox D: The Combo prevents from too much spam- at least it prevents against spam from unskilled users of firewheel E: You can barely see when you're performing the combo
If anything, that should justify why you can rapid fire them.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You do realize that A: They don't go too far B: They don't go too fast C: They have a small hitbox D: The Combo prevents from too much spam- at least it prevents against spam from unskilled users of firewheel E: You can barely see when you're performing the combo
If anything, that should justify why you can rapid fire them.
A: Config
B: Faster than most fire moves
C: it's a thin wheel, it's not gonna hit a firebender a meter away
D: get better :p
E: I think this could be changed

SuperBower118

Verified Member
A: Config
B: Faster than most fire moves
C: it's a thin wheel, it's not gonna hit a firebender a meter away
D: get better :p
E: I think this could be changed
Sorry, I didn't know that a firewheel was faster than most of firebending's projectiles like fireburst or blast. (sarcasm) Even if it WAS faster, you still have a hard time aiming it properly since it's on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.