• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fire Blow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
(Or Fire Blowout)
[Updated]
This move was used by Avatar Korra many times. I have 1 example, being used by her in the series premiere "Welcome To Republic City".

Fire Blow
Select Move > Shift for 2 Seconds (Charge up) > Release shift when you see smoke >
A burst of Fire Particles in the form of a "cone" in a speedy blast appear (Tip of cone at user of the move)
> When a user is hit by the move they will receive 2 hearts of damage and be knocked back very far.
Cooldown of 3 seconds
Range: 5 Blocks

List of featres making this move what it is:
Range:
5 blocks
Shape:

Damage: 2 Hearts
Knockback: Default 15 Blocks (Configurable)
Cooldown: 3 Seconds
Warm up: 2 Seconds
No blast at the point of where victim is hit, unlike charged Fire Blast.
The move is giving a firebender a defensive move, while also giving in some offensive.

I hope you like this move, and if there is anything you would like to ask just comment.
Thanks C:

"Instead of a blast happening when hitting a user/mob, it just damages them and does big knockback. Very different! As Fire Blast is a long range move, fire blow isn't. It focuses on Knockback rather than damage. Just to clear any concern about it being to similar to Fire Blast."

Last edited:

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I think that this is kinda similar to Fire Burst, however there aren't that many fire bending moves that are completely different from each other. In other words it's hard to come up with fire bending moves that haven't been used yet. I'm not sure whether I'm pro or con for this move, but good luck anyways!

Moonelight

Verified Member
I think it's too simular to fireburst to be a official move.
I think that this is kinda similar to Fire Burst, however there aren't that many fire bending moves that are completely different from each other. In other words it's hard to come up with fire bending moves that haven't been used yet. I'm not sure whether I'm pro or con for this move, but good luck anyways!

excuse my disgusting stick figure drawing as I am not a pro in the graphic design area.
btw this is lenny :D

This was the best way I could show you how the two would look different, and instead of a blast happening when hitting a user/mob, it just damages them and does big knockback. Very different!

Brightone

Verified Member
I see what you mean, but I don't think its possible to make it more knockback then damage. If there is, let me know how. (Nice stick figures btw \ (•◡•) /)

Moonelight

Verified Member
I see what you mean, but I don't think its possible to make it more knockback then damage. If there is, let me know how. (Nice stick figures btw \ (•◡•) /)
Read the suggestion again. I added a list of specs.

The move is giving a firebender a defensive move, while also giving in some offensive.
It is possible to make it more based on knockback rather than damage. Just look at the specs of the move.

Moonelight

Verified Member
slow your roll there bud ;)
fire isn't air with super pro mlg knockback
Specific moves serve specific purposes.
As Korra uses Fire Blow in the series premiere it serves as a knockback/offense move.
Here's a little something from Korra Alone, and yes I know that her dark past self is in the Avatar state, but it still is the same move.

See how extreme the knockback is?

Last edited:

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Here, I created a gif showing the move used without Avatar State.
I agree with you Fly! Coastyo even though fire is an element that's not base of knockback like air, it can still do knockback. For Example, water is about shifting to defensive and offensive, using one's force against themselves, but yet water can do a large mass of knochback. I mean picture the mass of a tsunami.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I agree with you Fly! Coastyo even though fire is an element that's not base of knockback like air, it can still do knockback. For Example, water is about shifting to defensive and offensive, using one's force against themselves, but yet water can do a large mass of knochback. I mean picture the mass of a tsunami.
Heh, your examples are perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.