• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fire-bending Passive

Should this be Fire-bending's new passive?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiem42

Verified Member
-Fire-
According to the wiki, Fire-benders have the passive ability to cool down faster while on fire. Now this seems pretty cool, but since they have the ability of Heat Control, this passive is nearly useless.
Now with the other elements-
Air has increased speed, jump, and no fall damage.
Earth has no fall damage on earth-bendable blocks
Water has Fast Swim, and no damage on water-bendable blocks(Except for plants)
Giving these facts(Which are from the wiki) fire's passive is somewhat weak.
I suggest fire gets a increase in speed and a slight decrease in fall damage. In the show, fire-benders are seen very nimble and fast. Just look at Azula in her many fight scenes. They are not as nimble as air-benders, but way faster than earth and water-benders.

Attachments

astraelis7

Verified Member
Azula is not exactly your average firebender though... She is a prodigy after all. I personally don't see firebenders in general particularly nimble BUT I do agree that it should have a new passive - just perhaps not this.. :3

cookiem42

Verified Member
Azula is not exactly your average firebender though... She is a prodigy after all. I personally don't see firebenders in general particularly nimble BUT I do agree that it should have a new passive - just perhaps not this.. :3
I agree with Azula being an above average. I shall look at other fire-benders to see if I can find more showing this.

V

Vidcom

I sorta see your point, but this could get OP fast. Until recently, servers that had max 2 elements per player knew from general consensus that the pvp build was fire/air, although fire's changes have (hopefully) changed this. If a speed/jump/etc boost were to be implemented for fire, it could basically resurrect that.

cookiem42

Verified Member
I see how some servers can make this overpowered. I've noticed with the new bending giving to each class(Lava bending, Combustion, etc) more and more servers have limited it to one bending style per player (without donation of course). But with a passive weak as this, it leaves fire-benders weak to attacks that launch them in the air. Maybe just a reduced fall damage, because half the fire-benders in ATLA have a sort of strong, firm form (earth-bender like) and the other half have a nimble foot form (air-bender like). In the Agni Kai between Zuko and Zhao, Zhao has heavy attacks, while Zuko gives some fast, but effective foot work at the end.

astraelis7

Verified Member
I think fire is meant so be so offensive and quick in its attacks (due to the fact no source is required) that it doesn't need any passives... but according to this theory, fire damage should therefore go up in compensation - but if you include damage from burning, it evens out more or less...

cookiem42

Verified Member
I feel like the current passive is almost useless. When I'm a fire-bender, and I'm on fire, I just switch to HeatControl and I only lose maybe a heart, two at most

Shadowx329

Verified Member
I know a great passive, firebenders whom are caught ablaze will burn out quicker, taking less fire damage incase they cant heatcontrol in time.

greenwolf5

Verified Member
Okay I don't think Azula is a good choice, one of her best friends was a chiblocker so she could have learned the flips and speed stuff from her. If other firebenders did this then that makes more sense but because she might have been taught by a chiblocker I don't think it's right.

cookiem42

Verified Member
I know a great passive, firebenders whom are caught ablaze will burn out quicker, taking less fire damage incase they cant heatcontrol in time.
That is basically the current ability. Plus even a beginner fire-bender can switch to Heat Control for about half a second to put the fire out. Not a difficult ability

cookiem42

Verified Member
Okay I don't think Azula is a good choice, one of her best friends was a chiblocker so she could have learned the flips and speed stuff from her. If other firebenders did this then that makes more sense but because she might have been taught by a chiblocker I don't think it's right.
Yes I know. I have been watching other fire-benders and I notice that it is about half and half. Some have a strong form, yet others have a faster nimbler form. Example: Zuko and Zhao during their Agni Kai.

greenwolf5

Verified Member
If it is half and half then ignore what I said. The only "athletic" firebender I know of is Azula, so that makes sense. Also Katara was doing back flips and stuff when Aang and Katara were dancing but she never used that in combat, so not just fire benders are "athletic"

cookiem42

Verified Member
If it is half and half then ignore what I said. The only "athletic" firebender I know of is Azula, so that makes sense. Also Katara was doing back flips and stuff when Aang and Katara were dancing but she never used that in combat, so not just fire benders are "athletic"
Yeah I realize that, but I'm not here to discuss the other benders feats, just fire-benders. Anything that can help make a better passive ability.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
I think this is a good idea, especially since firebenders are more built to fighting. They're entire bending style revolves around fighting, and they would be more fit for it overall. Giving firebenders a slight boost would make sense.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
I think agility is just personal athleticism and shouldn't be given to every firebender just because. I do support a new/useful passive for firebenders though. ^.^

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
Well if we want to stay correct to the show, it is constantly shown that fire benders take deep breaths before bending. Iroh clearly states in ATLA that power in fire bending comes from the breath. I think that this could be taken advantage of in a way. Considering the fire nation army, most of them are born and trained to be soldiers, strong and nimble. But the fire lord himself wasn't very nimble in his battle with Aang, he just used fire bending to jet himself around. I think that the passive should be that during the daytime they get a randomly picked slight speed OR strength buff, that is disabled when you are being suffocated, underwater, or stuck in a wall.

Migsel

Verified Member
The thing with this is that every bender could be as agile as Azula, but she was just more of a natural

cookiem42

Verified Member
In the making of avatar, a staff member explained each element style based on some type of martial arts.
Earth was based on Hung Gar involving strong slow movements.
Water was based on Tai Chi which toke your opponent's attacks back at them.
Air was based on Ba Gua mainly based on circular movements.
Fire was based on Northern Shaolin, which is strong and fast kicks and punches.
But not all bending was based on these 4 styles. The staff even says how Toph's bending was based off the southern mantis style

Status
Not open for further replies.