• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faetriax

Verified Member
I was re-watching the avatar series and saw the scene where Katara and Zuko were fighting in the crystal caves under the palace in Ba Sing Se. I know that the Water Arms ability has been introduced already. I'm here to introduce the Fire Arms ability! Obviously, this is a fire bending move. In Minecraft, you can only see one arm, so having another arm to manage would be difficult. The way it would work would be like this:
Upon sneaking, fire particles (the ones used currently) would spew out of your right arm for a configurable amount of time. (Since you can't see your other arm, there's no sense in having it come from both.) The fire would only go a certain amount of blocks away from the user, but when you left click, the fire particles come towards the user then lash out farther (maybe like 5 more blocks but configurable). Also, when Octopus Form and Fire Arms are both left clicked at the same time, they collide and deal no damage to each other (maybe a spark particle or explosion effect could be included?).

Scene: http://gyazo.com/564ae66a593c771c75994bd7ea3083c5 (Notice the whipping of the fire going back then forward rapidly, and the yellowish-orangish spark it makes when the water and fire hit one another.)

I think this would be a great addition to the plugin since it is already canon, and I don't think it'd be that hard to configure (but what do I know?). To me, it seems doable, and I know some fire benders I've talked to about this idea already, that'd really like it. They said it would make them "feel like they were in the show".

Please consider my suggestion :)

-Faetriax

Kwesi

Verified Member
I honestly reckon this might be denied for the same reason WaterArms was denied. We'll see though.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Waterarms in my opinion could work, but nobody has posted the right idea about it yet. I could, but I'm not going to. Let someone else figure it out why not. Now particles are easier and harder than block manipulation to code in a sense. Blocks have shape, making them easier to use. Particles have to make up a shape. These things need to be thought about when making posts. Not saying your idea is bad. Sounds good in my opinion, it is just the particle configuration, I have not an idea if this is possible, and would look good.

Faetriax

Verified Member
Waterarms in my opinion could work, but nobody has posted the right idea about it yet. I could, but I'm not going to. Let someone else figure it out why not. Now particles are easier and harder than block manipulation to code in a sense. Blocks have shape, making them easier to use. Particles have to make up a shape. These things need to be thought about when making posts. Not saying your idea is bad. Sounds good in my opinion, it is just the particle configuration, I have not an idea if this is possible, and would look good.
It doesn't necessarily have to be particles, but that's what my idea was. Of course, like anything else, it can be improved. Like you said, maybe particles won't work, so the developers can tweak and modify any imperfections. What I say isn't written in stone. That's why there's comments; to point our flaws and improve it.

Majorite

Verified Member
This idea could work since you are only using one arm. The particles will make it less blocky than water arms, so I like this. However, is this really needed? Firebenders have access to FireBlast which could do the same thing as this move without the streaming of fire, but if you wanted that, use Blaze with FireBlast. I honestly don't think that this move is needed, but it's a great idea.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
His idea of making a lash of fire from your RIGHT arm could be also the same as waterarms... since you have to hold shift to make waterarms working, it makes the waterbender slow so it's not as op but waterarms should be long depending on how much water is nearby

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
This idea could work since you are only using one arm. The particles will make it less blocky than water arms, so I like this. However, is this really needed? Firebenders have access to FireBlast which could do the same thing as this move without the streaming of fire, but if you wanted that, use Blaze with FireBlast. I honestly don't think that this move is needed, but it's a great idea.
Yeah it's confusing, but it should be like firebreath and airsweep, it can go to the left and right vis-versa unlike fireblast and blaze that only goes one direction with the exception of blaze that can spread out to all directions, but you get my point (i hope)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
His idea of making a lash of fire from your RIGHT arm could be also the same as waterarms... since you have to hold shift to make waterarms working, it makes the waterbender slow so it's not as op but waterarms should be long depending on how much water is nearby
Nope because water arms would still be too blocky.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
My idea for it would be to use particles. (I'm not going to post this idea, if you can figure it out from what I have said, feel free to suggest it).

Status
Not open for further replies.