• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Faulty Saving

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UnlitedOwns

Plugin version 1.7.0 Beta 11 (Also the case with 9 and 10)

Server version Spigot 1.8.7

Storage engine SQL (Not to be mistaken with MySQL, I changed it thinking it'd fix my previous problem)

What happens The plugin fails to write properly to the SQL database. I saved the same slots I had selected a few times. These were the results: (Keep in mind, every slot is supposed to have an ability)

All the red areas show that it failed to write there. This is completely random. Sometimes this happens with a persons elements too, however, it never seems to happen to the player slots. They are always correct.

What should happen It should save the bending presets and bending elements for players properly.

U

UnlitedOwns

Yeah, that's a shame. But, at least it's been confirmed that the problem was with MySQL
The problem is with MySQL as well as SQL. I think it has to do with the speed it is saved in. Instead of sending all the data to the database at once, they should try to do it one by one in order to make sure all data is transmitted correctly. If that fails, another possible solution could be to temporary save the preset they want to save on to ram and cross check it with the database to see if everything is the same. If something is different, then it should overwrite from the ram stored preset. If the ram preset and database preset are the same, it can clear the ram preset and it will have saved correctly.

There are many (temporary) fixes to think of, yet, this problem hasn't been reported by enough people to be worked on. I hope now that the thread has been 'boosted' up a developer sees this and can work on it.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
The problem is with MySQL as well as SQL. I think it has to do with the speed it is saved in. Instead of sending all the data to the database at once, they should try to do it one by one in order to make sure all data is transmitted correctly. If that fails, another possible solution could be to temporary save the preset they want to save on to ram and cross check it with the database to see if everything is the same. If something is different, then it should overwrite from the ram stored preset. If the ram preset and database preset are the same, it can clear the ram preset and it will have saved correctly.

There are many (temporary) fixes to think of, yet, this problem hasn't been reported by enough people to be worked on. I hope now that the thread has been 'boosted' up a developer sees this and can work on it.
Yeah, not any permanent fixes yet, but this is a great temporary fix! What I always do is I keep deleting and creating the presets, and eventually they are locked and are finally saved correctly. But, there's really no magic to this, so it's all by chance. Plus, it's very tedious to keep binding all of your abilities, then deleting and recreating the desired preset. One time I actually did /b preset list and it displayed multiple of the same presets which I created in the past - for example I named one preset "air" and I had about 4 identical presets. Just something I've discovered.

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
Well MySQL database has problems for me as well, it just breaks the bending and every command is being shown as internal error..

kingbirdy

Verified Member
Is this just the case with saving presets, or are there other things that are failing to save correctly?

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Not going to lie to you its not that we arent fixing it cause not enought people report it. Its such a magical bug that even we can't grasp our hands on. Currently @grasshopperMatt is working on it, so we hope for good results.

P.S I failed fixing it 2 months ago

U

UnlitedOwns

Not going to lie to you its not that we arent fixing it cause not enought people report it. Its such a magical bug that even we can't grasp our hands on. Currently @grasshopperMatt is working on it, so we hope for good results.

P.S I failed fixing it 2 months ago
Thank you for clearing that up for me, I understand the situation now and appreciate the work being put in to this problem.

Matt

Verified Member
I (think) I just fixed it :D but have only tested it for MySQL
(Thanks for reporting)
-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.