• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fall damage for Airbenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
I think Airbenders should have fall damage , just a LOT reduced. Example : When Tenzin was battling the MechaTanks at season 1 , he was badly injured due to fall damage.

David

Verified Member
This would make Air even weaker than it already is...

Not to mention, I know this won't make much since but Airbenders already do take fall damage and they do take less damage from fall damage, but this fall damage buff is removed if they are hit by a chi blocker or frost breath. Who's in those Mecha Tanks? Chi blockers. So in a way, it sort of works.

If this where to happen then Waterbenders should take fall damage in water/ice/snow, and Earthbenders should take fall damage on earthbendable blocks.

But I completely disagree with this suggestion though

ILLFATE

Verified Member
This would make Air even weaker than it already is...

Not to mention, I know this won't make much since but Airbenders already do take fall damage and they do take less damage from fall damage, but this fall damage buff is removed if they are hit by a chi blocker or frost breath. Who's in those Mecha Tanks? Chi blockers. So in a way, it sort of works.

If this where to happen then Waterbenders should take fall damage in water/ice/snow, and Earthbenders should take fall damage on earthbendable blocks.

But I completely disagree with this suggestion though
Okay thanks :p

Kwesi

Verified Member
This is a really interesting suggestion. I understand from the points you made why this would be considered. It wouldn't make sense that airbenders always naturally landed gracefully no matter what, right? Although, I do have something to argue back that probably outweighs it.

Airbenders naturally and conveniently spend a lot of time airborne. They do it for speed, attack, defense, evasion, transportation - the list goes on. Techniques which highly contribute to how they move through the air, which I will use for my points, are AirBlast and Tornado.

AirBlast can be used to launch an airbender very high into the air. The height and distance they can cover is incredibly great. This technique is used extremely commonly and with a slight chance of taking fall damage this could put the airbender at risk from using their own technique which can't even be considered since the technique does not have any sacrificial factors.

Regarding Tornado, the riskier situation in this respect would be an airbender's ability to travel up clear vertical surfaces with no noticeable limit (none that I've encountered or heard of when using it). Airbenders that utilise the usefulness of this method could be at risk as well, and once again, Tornado was not designed with any sacrificial factors.

If the height of which you're thinking to challenge the passive ability exceeds even these heights, then the chances of airbenders taking fall damage under almost any naturally induced situation seems pretty much impossible, and in that case it would seem useless even having that feature.

I think your idea was fair and made sense, but I don't think it's suitable for Minecraft mechanics.

Last edited:

ILLFATE

Verified Member
This is a really interesting suggestion. I understand from the points you made why this would be considered. It wouldn't make sense that airbenders always naturally landed gracefully no matter what, right? Although, I do have something to argue back that probably outweighs it.

Airbenders naturally and conveniently spend a lot of time airborne. They do it for speed, attack, defense, evasion, transportation - the list goes on. Techniques which highly contribute to how they move through the air, which I will use for my points, are AirBlast and Tornado.

AirBlast can be used to launch an airbender very high into the air. The height and distance they can cover is incredibly great. This technique is used extremely commonly and with a slight chance of taking fall damage this could put the airbender at risk from using their own technique which can't even be considered since the technique does not have any sacrificial factors.

Raegarding Tornado, the riskier situation in this respect would be an airbender's ability travel up clear vertical surfaces with no noticeable limit (none that I've encountered or heard of when using it). Airbenders that utilise the usefulness of this method could be at risk as well, and once again, Tornado was not designed with any sacrificial factors.

If the height of which you're thinking to challenge the passive ability exceeds even these heights, then the chances of airbenders taking damage under almost any naturally induced situation seems pretty much impossible, and in that case it would seem useless even having that feature.

I think your idea was fair and made sense, but I don't think it's suitable for Minecraft mechanics.
If they are falling then they can just use tornado.

Moonelight

Verified Member
If they are falling then they can just use tornado.
You obviously have a grudge on someone/something with the element of Air. Taking the ability of no fall damage away would ruin the point. Airbenders are defensive and about 40% offensive. No need to nerf them when they have practically nothing to battle with.

This suggestion in my opinion is ignoring the fact that this is minecraft, the points you make are valid, but when it comes to a wall I think airbending should never have fall damage.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
You obviously have a grudge on someone/something with the element of Air.
Yes , i do have a grudge on someone. i mean , it's sooo annoying , like , i wasted my money buying Bloodbending and i can only kill him in desserts or lava (CACTUSES) .

Moonelight

Verified Member
Yes , i do have a grudge on someone. i mean , it's sooo annoying , like , i wasted my money buying Bloodbending and i can only kill him in desserts or lava (CACTUSES) .
No reason to try and ruin the element of air, and make it weaker than it is, just to ruin one person.

I am sorry, but I do not, and never will, support this suggestion.

Learn some new techniques for killing an Airbender, they aren't that hard to beat.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
No reason to try and ruin the element of air, and make it weaker than it is, just to ruin one person.

I am sorry, but I do not, and never will, support this suggestion.

Learn some new techniques for killing an Airbender, they aren't that hard to beat.
Awwww.:c Okay.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I honestly suggest you make a suggestion based off impartial factors that will balance the elements fairly rather just a personal disliking of an element feature based off your own inconveniences.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
I honestly suggest you make a suggestion based off impartial factors that will balance the elements fairly rather just a personal disliking of an element feature based off your own inconveniences.
I mean , it's what I think . Go ahead and point out every single reason not to implement this thing. I'm okay with it :).

Zolteex

Verified Member
Perhaps the addition of air particles on fall could be arranged. There is no reason to remove this feature from the plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.