• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Entering Spirit World Animation

Moonelight

Verified Member
So, I believe we all saw in Book 2 & 4 how your body begins to glow as you enter the spirit world? Well this idea comes from that.

Things to know

The particles only stay on you if your 2 blocks within range
Particle color should be configurable
A haze of particles surround you as you begin to enter the portal's range
The vortex surrounds the portal when you enter it, and continues to do so for 5 seconds after you leave the world.
When you enter the world the Portal gives you more particles, creating a vortex around you until you get 2 blocks out of range

How it works

Assuming that the default Spirit Portal would be a beacon, when you walk up to a spirit portal & get 2 blocks within range, your body begins to be surrounded by (configurable color) light blue redstone particles. Once you enter the spirit world, as you exit the portal area (2 blocks away) the particles fade away.

What happens when you enter the Spirit World/leave Spirit World

When you enter the Spirit World, the particles you had on you while walking up to the portal in the other world you just left, those particles begin to get thicker and create a "Vortex" animation. Circling the bottom of the portal once, then fading away. It sounds complicated, but if you can imagine it, it's pretty amazing.

As you enter the next world through the Spirit Portal, the same animation happens. But when you begin to walk away from the portal, the particles surround you in another Vortex animation. They circle you until you leave the 2 block range of the Portal.

Example: Purple colored particles from a purple "Spirit Portal"

Proof

There isn't much proof of a sort of animation similar to the one I described, but I figured since it was minecraft we could juice it up a bit.

(The brightness increases as they get "teleported")

I hope you are able to agree with the little twists I made with the animation.

Questions and more below.

Thanks,
~ Fly