• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Elements

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Hey y'all.
I'm here to start some controversy. I made this tiny chart of bending stuffs. I want to provide my ideas of how bending is divided up and I would personally like to know what you feel is a more correct way to organize it or just tell me how you would do it differently. Here's my tiny little chart:

I'll go ahead with an explantion to my chart.

Base Element: This is the most basic form of the element we all know and love.

Also Includes: Benders traditionally employ using these in their bending or don't require too much effort to perform it and therefore, not explicitly classed as a sub-element but can be.

Main Sub-Element: These stray further from the base element but have been heavily expanded on, such as the lightning generator in Republic City or the Metal City of Zaofu.

Secondary Sub-Element: These are the rare sub-elements that are rarely performed, usually due to the difficulty of learning it. They deviate much further from their main element.

Other: I just find seismic sense funny in all of this. It's the sense of touch heightened to an extreme using earthbending. I don't know how to feel about this, but I still like it.

Teacher: Just establishing some parameters~

So, tell me. What do you disagree on? How can this chart be organized to be better? If you don't like how it's organized at all, I'd very much like to see how you would organize it! And, "How exactly is this related to Project Korra?" you ask? Well, it can spawn some ideas for how it's put together, maybe c:
Thanks for the feedback~

Last edited:

Immallama

Verified Member
Your also includes includes some things we don't really know much about. We have no idea if airbenders can bend sound for example. Heat bending was also barely even shown a couple of seconds during ATLA. Also, I don't really consider a lot of those to be sub elements. Metal, lightning, lava, combustion, and ice are really the only ones I consider a sub-element (Maybe not even ice). I consider things like healing, spiritual powers, flight, blood, and seismic sense to be just highly advance techniques. Bloodbending is the same as bending water but inside someone's body, seismic sense is just feeling vibrations, healing is still done by bending water, and flight is spiritual stuff mixed with bending air. Actual sub-bending is actually just bending different things...

Sorry if my post is messy. It's really late and I should probably be going to sleep...

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I think any way you try to organize bending, it's gonna be messy. Mine is particularly bad, lol.