• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Elemental Switches

I had this idea for a long time and I wanted to keep it up for myself to suggest for my favourite server, but now I decide to reveal this and share it with this community.

In ATLA, we seen there were 2 type of doors, where one of them can be opened through airbending and other with firebending, individually found in Air temple Sanctuaries and Fire temple Sanctuary.

This gave me idea for the same item that can open not just iron doors, but can activate any redstone machinery in a same manner of a button - giving a delay of it (or of a lever for another option).

There are 4 variation of these items listed below, with the following recipes:
Air Switch: craftable with a recipe of a redstone dust placed at the bottom, surrounded in a circle with cobblestone, feather in the center
Water Switch: craftable with a recipe of a redstone dust placed at the bottom, surrounded in a circle with cobblestone, bucket in the center
Earth Switch: craftable with a recipe of a redstone dust placed at the bottom, surrounded in a circle with cobblestone, wooden pressure plate in the center
Fire Switch: craftable with a recipe of a redstone dust placed at the bottom, surrounded in a circle with cobblestone, netherrack in the center

All 4 of these blocks are dispensers. Like all triggers from switch family, they act pretty much the same way, with the exception of bending respective element into the corresponding switch block (e.i. watermanipulation must be launched at to activate water switch, airblast to air switch, earthblast to earth switch, fireblast to air).

These blocks will cooperate with Faction plugin by the plugin's default config settings, meaning that anyone that isn't from the faction where this item is located can still interact with it.

This serves for a better intuitive protection of your basecamp, if you wish certain types of benders to enter your faction when they aren't in it.

xNuminousx

I love this idea! I think it would be even neater if there were an organized fashion that the blocks had to be placed in for it to work. Like how the Vampire plugin uses a certain collection of blocks to form the Vampire alter. I think it would be neat if a certain collection of blocks were to form these elemental doors. Like in the Fire Temple on Rokus island, it was a very large door. There could be a certain design of blocks that has to be used to make a similar door in minecraft. And the Souther Airtemple's room of Avatars had a huge door as well. In addition to the single dispenser idea, if possible, I know it is, I think it'd be cool to also include a more secure door and have "wall designs." When you place the crafted dispensers in the wall design, the design is complete and when each dispenser is activated, the door can fade away, just like how lava flow (shift), the lava fades back to it's original blocks in a random fashion, and when the timer is up the door "closes" as in the blocks that faded away come back and are visible again. So this way you can make smaller doors and larger doors. Each secured by an element.

This isn't just about doors, just pointing out. If you want to make gigantic doors, you can alway us sticky pistons with colored clay that is operated with this switch block.