• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed EarthSmash (Sourcing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I don't know about you guys, but the 'dynamic sourcing' for earthbending has really let me down... Whenever I do earthsmashes, it never seems to be where I think I started shifting.. I personally don't think that that you should source a move that gets charged up - as in your source is where you release shift... I don't know if you guys agree or what ,-,

HydroMan

Verified Member
Dynamic Earth Sourcing never seem to work on a server I play on, as the earthbendable don't even generate (in time) for me to us the earthblast ability again. Thought, when i waterbend it always seemd to work .-.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yea so the reason I did that was so somebody could start the initial charge up while aiming at a block behind them, turn toward the enemies, and then raise up the EarthSmash from the initial charge block. I could disable it for EarthSmash. I wasn't sure which way would be better so I figured might as well try something new.

I coded Dynamic sourcing mainly for water, but I just happened to code it in such a way that was really easy to enable it for Earth (1 line of code per Earth ability). Naturally earth sourcing is going to be crappy compared to water since earth does not flow/regenerate. What else let you down about the sourcing for Earth? Were you under the impression that it was going to automatically select another nearby earth source for you?

Loony

Verified Member
Yea so the reason I did that was so somebody could start the initial charge up while aiming at a block behind them, turn toward the enemies, and then raise up the EarthSmash from the initial charge block. I could disable it for EarthSmash. I wasn't sure which way would be better so I figured might as well try something new.
Yeah I think it should be disabled for earth smash. I can understand why people thought it was a bug because using it is really weird & it's hard to know where it's going to pop up :p

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yeah I think it should be disabled for earth smash. I can understand why people thought it was a bug because using it is really weird & it's hard to know where it's going to pop up :p
I agree. I sent another PR with a fix for EarthSmash and improved Earth sourcing. I think this new Earth sourcing is what more people were wanting in the first place.

Sketz

Verified Member
I would just like to make sure I'm on the right page. Will they be trying to fix earthsmash to act as it use to?
but just updated with this version of korra? I was just about to make a report, however i spotted this.

I would love if they change it back, because players are really disliking this update. For me at least, and it's not good.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
After seeing this report, dynamic sourcing seems to work fine for me. Im using the latest beta build, and when I shift at a spot I want earthsmash to be pulled up from it works just fine. Maybe provide a gif of what's not working for you?

Loony

Verified Member
After seeing this report, dynamic sourcing seems to work fine for me. Im using the latest beta build, and when I shift at a spot I want earthsmash to be pulled up from it works just fine. Maybe provide a gif of what's not working for you?
It was an issue in a previous beta build that has now been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.