• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthSmash fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Make it so it would create an earthsmash below you where you felt on. This kinda reminds what Aand did in the crystal chamber/type of place, before Dai Li arrived after the moment of him riding the earthsmash.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Oh please no. I can see it already.
Catapult away. Raise an EarthSmash instantly. Ride the EarthSmash. Then raise another earthsmash for you confrontation. Shoot it. *Then some actual fightning happens* After a while... Catapult away. Raise an EarthSmash AGAIN... etc.
I think this would just take the point away of charging earthsmash if you can practically just keep making earthsmash s WITH earthsmash s or a simple catapult...

Also I feel like this can make earthbenders a bit too similar to airbenders.... Earth should be deadly- but not for the wrong reasons. You can already carry an earthsmash while catapulting if you have great timing.. (While this does take skill, it's too rewarding) So pretty much earth has the potential to be like an airbender that loves to spam airburst after falling. (The element is called earth for a reason. Earth shouldn't get such a good damage output after falling or while in the air)

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Oh please no. I can see it already.
Catapult away. Raise an EarthSmash instantly. Ride the EarthSmash. Then raise another earthsmash for you confrontation. Shoot it. *Then some actual fightning happens* After a while... Catapult away. Raise an EarthSmash AGAIN... etc.
I think this would just take the point away of charging earthsmash if you can practically just keep making earthsmash s WITH earthsmash s or a simple catapult...

Also I feel like this can make earthbenders a bit too similar to airbenders.... Earth should be deadly- but not for the wrong reasons. You can already carry an earthsmash while catapulting if you have great timing.. (While this does take skill, it's too rewarding) So pretty much earth has the potential to be like an airbender that loves to spam airburst after falling. (The element is called earth for a reason. Earth shouldn't get such a good damage output after falling or while in the air)
Then the same goes for shockwave.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Shockwave isn't so bad.
I feel like it's easier to dodge it and isn't as ranged. Shockwave spam can easily be counted by good timing and ranged attacks.
EarthSmash on the other hand, is something different. You can fly with it, first off. You can also use it for defense, and also offensive. I feel like it's too "good" of a move for it to be instantly activated by simply falling. (I think that EarthSmash should have a cooldown after you launch it, but that's my opinion) With the flying feature of earthsmash, you can basically have an endless chain of earthsmashes until you launch it or someone stops you from riding on an esmash.

promancer

Verified Member
Don't get me wrong, I love this idea. Its canon, it's realistic, and it adds utility... but, earthsmash's utility, mobility, and dmg is just too convenient for a simple catapult or other propelling move activation. Earth waits for the right moment to strike while sucking up dmg.

If you could find a work around for a nerf that keeps your original idea intact, then you got my approval.

orfeas

Verified Member
Honestly i think that earthsmash is very underestimated.It might be slow but is a great,powerful,defensive and offensive move.I have seen many great earth benders using it super effectively.As they said this seems to op considering catapult is so easy to do.

djmyernos

Verified Member
I already use earthsmash and catapult together. I charge catapult while in the air, then release shift once I hit the ground. Usually works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.