• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth's Rhythm (RaiseEarth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is the next part of my initial suggestion http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/earths-rhythm.2420/

If you haven't read that one, you might want to go skim over the first part for some of this to make sense.

RaiseEarth: Makes a wall. woop de doo

Endurance: Like the move IceWall (addon) RaiseEarth should have a type of hp (hit points) where if it is hit enough, it will break. Moves would do different amounts of hit points. By default the hp of the wall should be 15 or 20. This and all the damages would be configurable. Some examples would be:
---Earthsmash: 10 hit points
---Torrent (freeze): 10 hit points
---Combustion: Instantly destroys wall, no regen
---Tornado: 10 hit points

Physics: Extending out on the Endurance part, physics would be this:
When a move hits a raiseearth wall, wherever the move hit a portion of the wall would be destroyed. When too much of the wall is destroyed (80% default), all the blocks left would turn to falling blocks, fall, and stay where they land.

LowerWall: This would add a function to raiseearth to lower a wall without needing collapse. How it would work is when you right click one of the blocks of the wall, it would be lowered back to where it was raised from. With the physics part, all the remaining blocks would be lowered as low as they can go back into where they were risen from.

Once again, suggest anything and everything you think of, all opinions accepted and welcomed

Adam

Verified Member
This a great suggestion, but i don't think the devs would do such thing as falling falls and such.
It's just kinda hard, and overcomplicated and possibly laggy, i suppose
But one day, far far away........

Beygirl

Verified Member
Again, this idea is great, but I don't think anyone would want to add LowerWall to RaiseEarth, as it serves the same function as left-clicking with collapse, and thus almost completely removing the purpose of collapse. Also, for the bit about tornado dealing 10 hitpoints to the RaiseEarth wall, I can't picture a tornado going through a wall and still leaving part of the wall behind. In my head, I'd picture it as the tornado picking up the individual blocks and tossing them around in the tornado, destroying the entire wall, like Combustion. But, I can't see that happening either due to the enormous amount of lag that would result o_O.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't think you guys understand lag... This would cause about as much lag as something like one earthsmash. Not that much. The most lag would be caused by the falling blocks, and that still wouldn't be a huge amount.

Also the main reason I suggested lowerwall was because earth has a lot of addons, on my server I have 26 earth moves. It'd be more convenient that the lowering function be a part of the move, while still having collapse for utility use.

Beygirl

Verified Member
I don't think you guys understand lag... This would cause about as much lag as something like one earthsmash. Not that much. The most lag would be caused by the falling blocks, and that still wouldn't be a huge amount.

Also the main reason I suggested lowerwall was because earth has a lot of addons, on my server I have 26 earth moves. It'd be more convenient that the lowering function be a part of the move, while still having collapse for utility use.
Forget the lag part, that depends on the server and the player's computer. Now, let's say LowerWall was added to RaiseEarth. What would then be the difference between Collapse and LowerWall?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Forget the lag part, that depends on the server and the player's computer. Now, let's say LowerWall was added to RaiseEarth. What would then be the difference between Collapse and LowerWall?
Nothing, it would just be more convient than having to switch to another bind just to do that simple thing. Extremely helpful in pvp

Status
Not open for further replies.