• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied EarthBurrow COMBO? How about no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Browsing in the PKD trello, I noticed that you will be implanting a new combo, called EarthBurrow (directs to the following link:

http://projectkorra.com/threads/earthcombo-burrow.3341/ )

I think it would better off to implant it as an extention for collapse, because for the following reasons:
1)IMO, combos should have a longer formula rather it's activation being made-up of two abilities
2)Since we have a collapse, that is used for descending a pillar, how about tweaking it so that left clicking the top block decends it by two blocks down?
3)Combo principal is about on a op technique, usually a devasting one, that isn't an op as it takes time to activate it by using certain abilities in a required order, which overall that makes sense
a)There's nothing op about these technique, as you can already achieve earthburrow effect with earthtunnel.

Like, here's a definition what the wikipedia picks up:
In video games, a combo (short for combination) is a term that designates a set of actions performed in sequence, usually with strict timing limitations, that yield a significant benefit or advantage.
4)With my idea of Combining the two abilities, this would turn out to be a messy combo: you might unintentionally make unwanted terrain changes with it installed.

That's all I got to say. Like I said in #2 point = it would be better off just to add a change to Collapse, that allows it to decend 6 blocks deep 1 block-width hole, by left/right-clicking the block below. (Right now, you can the pillar from the bottom block click, rather from both: top and bottom)

Loony

Verified Member
Browsing in the PKD trello, I noticed that you will be implanting a new combo, called EarthBurrow (directs to the following link:

http://projectkorra.com/threads/earthcombo-burrow.3341/ )

I think it would better off to implant it as an extention for collapse, because for the following reasons:
1)IMO, combos should have a longer formula rather it's activation being made-up of two abilities
2)Since we have a collapse, that is used for descending a pillar, how about tweaking it so that left clicking the top block decends it by two blocks down?
3)Combo principal is about on a op technique, usually a devasting one, that isn't an op as it takes time to activate it by using certain abilities in a required order, which overall that makes sense
a)There's nothing op about these technique, as you can already achieve earthburrow effect with earthtunnel.

Like, here's a definition what the wikipedia picks up:

4)With my idea of Combining the two abilities, this would turn out to be a messy combo: you might unintentionally make unwanted terrain changes with it installed.

That's all I got to say. Like I said in #2 point = it would be better off just to add a change to Collapse, that allows it to decend 6 blocks deep 1 block-width hole, by left/right-clicking the block below. (Right now, you can the pillar from the bottom block click, rather from both: top and bottom)
That has been on Trello for a very long time. It was put on there by Mist and it isn't something we're rushing to do.

In the future we want, or atleast I'm aiming for Earth to have the most combos because Earth is the element that combos resinates with the most. I think EarthBurrow is fine to implement so I'm denying your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.