• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earthblast Blocking Charged Fireblast

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Being an earthbender as of late, I've realized it's extremely difficult to defend yourself against firebenders - mainly because it's impossible to block the charged fireblast with an earthblast... I've spoken with firebenders and they think it will be "OP" to block with earthblast - but you could used to block with earthblast...

Pros:
  • Earthbenders can ACTUALLY defend themselves - being that they can't do much now except for hoping that their raise earth will go up fast enough
  • Firebenders will have to do something against earthbenders than just spam fireblast and watch them try to dodge the 3 block wide blast..
Cons:
  • Firebenders will complain.
  • Earthbenders might be too joyful - gotta crush their spirits.

promancer

Verified Member
It makes sense. In real life, if you cant find water to put out a fire, use sand or dirt instead. (I couldnt find a gif of earth blocking fire but there are MANY times it has)

djmyernos

Verified Member
I like this. Tho it could get a little op. Maybe decrease the charge FireBlast damage by 50% if an EarthBlast hits it?

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I like this. Tho it could get a little op. Maybe decrease the charge FireBlast damage by 50% if an EarthBlast hits it?
The thing is that it used to explode on impact with earthblast, which was fine. (Most people couldn't get the earthblast up quick enough and it blew up in their face anyways)

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
It only makes sense that it would explode on the Earthblast, being an actual surface (and fire being volatile as fffffflying lemur) itd only make sense for it to explode. And the reason why it wouldn't be OK is because Earthblast is already slow, meaning blocking it would still be difficult. Oh, and a good tactic against Firebenders using charged fireblast is using earthgrab the second they use it, making them blow up themselves.

paliate

Verified Member
I don't think this is necessary considering earthsmash has the same cooldown (give or take) as fireblast, You could move the earthsmash in front of the fireblast to prevent it hitting you. Aswell as using raiseearth to block it you also have eartharmor.

Either way I honestly think you're asking for too much here considering all of the defense earth has been given. At some point you have to draw the line, And I honestly dont think adding this would keep the balance.

Earth is defensive and doesn't require any more defense then its getting now, You're not immune to everything my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.