• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

earthbending reversion effect on water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
When certain earthbending moves are used on the earth under water, such as raiseearth or earthgrab, when the earth reverts back to normal (through collapse or otherwise), the water is removed. Earthbenders have unfairly used this, in the etriacraft arena especially, to deplete waterbender's water sources, making it near-impossible for us to bend, and refill water bottles, leaving us unable to defend ourselves. I propose that when earth reverts, the water reverts back to normal as well.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Tell your owner too make the lake floor out of something else or put grass everywhere :p

But I agree, this might be a fine idea

V

Vidcom

It's hard to fix this cause otherwise it causes water duplication bugs which are just the worst...

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
It seems only fair that waterbenders not be subject to this unfair advantage earthbenders have over us (among numerous others). We have no ways to prevent other benders from bending; how is it fair that we can have our bending effectively removed?

dNiym

Verified Member
wow long time between replies much?

this should be an easy fix for your staff... Just politely request that the blocks under the water in your arena be changed to something non-earth bendable... Such as glass or bedrock. What's under the water probably shouldn't affect the look or function of the arena other than protecting the water.

This still won't stop avatars with phase change from removing all the water though..

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
wow long time between replies much?

this should be an easy fix for your staff... Just politely request that the blocks under the water in your arena be changed to something non-earth bendable... Such as glass or bedrock. What's under the water probably shouldn't affect the look or function of the arena other than protecting the water.

This still won't stop avatars with phase change from removing all the water though..
Well, an Avatar is an Avatar. but asking that the blocks in the arena on the servers I play in be changed (its not just the arenas where this happens, though) won't solve the problem, because many may refuse, and many other servers will still have the problem, not to mention the problem will persist in survival.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
The removal of water is actually 'almost' realistic. You can think of it as dirt soaking up the water and forming 'mud/clay'. *optimistic* :D

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
The removal of water is actually 'almost' realistic. You can think of it as dirt soaking up the water and forming 'mud/clay'. *optimistic* :D
Which we cannot bend. In ATLA, that would not happen anyway. And Either way, I don't care if it is realistic or not. it is an unfair disadvantage towards Waterbenders.

Migsel

Verified Member
cough cough bottles and plants cough cough
BTW EtriaCraft died already a long time ago ;-;
I still miss it

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
cough cough bottles and plants cough cough
BTW EtriaCraft died already a long time ago ;-;
I still miss it
Bottles and plants aren't always enough, and we cannot fill bottles if there is no water around to fill them with. Besides the fact that it is still unfair that earthbenders can take away our source. We can't even take away theirs!

Migsel

Verified Member
I thought etriacraft closed?
I said it died
Bottles and plants aren't always enough, and we cannot fill bottles if there is no water around to fill them with. Besides the fact that it is still unfair that earthbenders can take away our source. We can't even take away theirs!
After shooting a watermanipulation from a source, it goes back into a bottle if you have one. If you want to get rid of earthbenders' sources, use teh handy dandy shovel and pick m8

I still do agree that water should go back to normal though.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I said it died

After shooting a watermanipulation from a source, it goes back into a bottle if you have one. If you want to get rid of earthbenders' sources, use teh handy dandy shovel and pick m8

I still do agree that water should go back to normal though.
Not always. And you cannot fight solely on 1 bottle very efficiently. besides, you cannot fill it if there is no water.

And yes, because its ever so easy to dig thousands, if not millions, of blocks by hand (meaning without bending. not without tool) and on many servers, you cannot craft in the arena...

Migsel

Verified Member
Not always. And you cannot fight solely on 1 bottle very efficiently. besides, you cannot fill it if there is no water.

And yes, because its ever so easy to dig thousands, if not millions, of blocks by hand (meaning without bending. not without tool) and on many servers, you cannot craft in the arena...
First of all, I've been a waterbender and I seem to have been able to handle it just fine.

Second of all, they're just jokes bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.