• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earthbending. My Experience.

What is your Favourite element and why is it earth?

• Total voters

Tenket

Verified Member
I liked the thread by Hero on Waterbending. So heres earth.

• Earth
  • 3rd easiest to use. You need to select sources but at least its practically everywhere. Earth suffers from too many ability syndrome, so it's confusing to pick the mix that suits you best. You need to consider crowd control effects of blocking and making holes to make up damage.
  • Somewhat ok for roaming. Catapult does distance likea beast and outclasses airbenders in speed. But is just not awesome for precise travel. It does have a shift version that goes less distance, but Ive dropped myself into lava pools in the overworld twice. I'd suggest mapping out areas (or line of sight) b4 long distance catapults happen. Custom travel abilities like earthride are helping fill the gap in earthbenders lack of short distance travel abilities.
  • Instant shelter while roaming. Earth grab and collapse when finished, bingo.
  • Great for early game as you can use raise earth to find iron ore quickly. Raise a wall anywhere, if theres no iron collapse the wall and raise up the line next to it. Pretty quick to get 3 iron ingots and even quicker if you have a metalbender.
  • When roaming theres a huge power trip when you climb a mountain with pillars and the like. This is getting easier with earthride. Just blitz up the side of the mountain.
  • When mining you are god. All who disagree get locked in a dead end branch of mine-shaft until they change their mind. Or buried alive, depends on your disposition.
  • Use of raisearth/collapse require some finesse. I remember Toph pulling sokka out of a crevice at times like this, where she insists she must do it as it's easy for sokka to be crushed. Ive buried myself many times. My computer chair still smells of tears.
  • The nether is somewhat easy. You can travel vertically pretty easily if you are skilled in your execution and planning of catapult. Lava lakes mean instant death as it's impossible for earthbenders to recover after falling, this is the only element with this weakness. You can ignore ghasts by breaking line of sight with raise earth generally.
  • The earthbender bases you can make are beyond epic. I made a simple one where you could only enter if you collapsed a wall that looked exactly the same as the rest of a hill. Totally invisible. Ive also made doors that are opened/closed by raise earth collapse by making frame unbendable and door bendable. Great fun.

I do 0% PvP. But have a great time bouncing around and stomping creepers with my boots.

I attached a file of my normal bindings and another of my main base. On the top of a quite tall plateau. I keep it well lit and if a zombie or something spawns I just knock it off the edge.2015-11-01_21.27.21.png 2015-06-29_14.31.15.png 2015-06-29_14.31.15.png

Tenket

Verified Member
Also Earthbending bases. The one in pic was orininally designed as an air one. But I can get up there with any element really. Im currently Earth. Capapult. Pop. Yisss.

Earthbending is amazing for collapse and raiseearth. However collapse is also great for ruining your day. So if you cut a base into the side of the mountain you will need to put in cobblestone (or someother non bendable) in the floors and ceiling so you wont ever get crushed to death by accident. However by using this selectively you can use earthbending to open and close the door to your base. If you cane placed the cobble correctly then nothign but the door shoudl move when you use collapse and raise earth.

Both moves wont push blocks if they are pushed up against enough other blocks. But if you need to, obsidian is immovable too. Even by pistons.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
I like your utility input a lot. I see a lot of benders who know how to fight but they completely ignore their utility side. It's annoying.
But I disagree with one of your first statements, that earth is the 2nd hardest (you said 3rd easiest to use). False, earth IS the hardest because it's hard as a rock :p
But seriously, the elements aren't "harder" to use compared to the others, unless you're talking about literal hardness. Just because air and fire don't need sources doesn't mean they're easier to use in my opinion.
But it's all your opinion; you're entitled to it, and I respect that.
Overall great tips :p
P.S. I like your base. I'm wondering was that created legit in survival or did you use WorldEdit, creative, etc.?

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Depending on what you mean by 'hardest'
The easiest to fight with in my opinion
is water because you don't have to be very aggressive compared to the other elements.
The easiest for survival is definitely earth or air, air for survivability, and earth for mining.
Fire would be better if it could smelt ores, but that's just my opinion.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Also Earthbending bases. The one in pic was orininally designed as an air one. But I can get up there with any element really. Im currently Earth. Capapult. Pop. Yisss.

Earthbending is amazing for collapse and raiseearth. However collapse is also great for ruining your day. So if you cut a base into the side of the mountain you will need to put in cobblestone (or someother non bendable) in the floors and ceiling so you wont ever get crushed to death by accident. However by using this selectively you can use earthbending to open and close the door to your base. If you cane placed the cobble correctly then nothign but the door shoudl move when you use collapse and raise earth.

Both moves wont push blocks if they are pushed up against enough other blocks. But if you need to, obsidian is immovable too. Even by pistons.
Why haven't I thought of making this, or atleast making bases that are interacted by its corresponding element?? Thanks for sharng it with us. I'm gonna make this base when I change into earthbending. :)

HydroMan

Verified Member
P.S. I like your base. I'm wondering was that created legit in survival or did you use WorldEdit, creative, etc.?
I was about to ask the same. I think he did in survival mode, as there are stacks of items in his inventory (Perhaps he used creative mode to get an angle in mid air to take a screenshot).

HydroMan

Verified Member
Didn't any introduces got in to your base, as you stated the base is primary for airbenders so you wouldn't block the entrace with blocks?

Tenket

Verified Member
I like your utility input a lot. I see a lot of benders who know how to fight but they completely ignore their utility side. It's annoying.
But I disagree with one of your first statements, that earth is the 2nd hardest (you said 3rd easiest to use). False, earth IS the hardest because it's hard as a rock :p
But seriously, the elements aren't "harder" to use compared to the others, unless you're talking about literal hardness. Just because air and fire don't need sources doesn't mean they're easier to use in my opinion.
But it's all your opinion; you're entitled to it, and I respect that.
Overall great tips :p
completely in survival. You can just build these structures based on layered schematics of a sphere.

I think there are a lot of easier and harder elements. So unless you explain why you think so that means Tenket is right forever.

But yeah i think the utility side of bending is the most interesting part. I would think its fun to have people just play minecraft + bending. Rather than heaps contrived PvP servers. People logging on to only fight seems weird.

Tenket

Verified Member
Didn't any introduces got in to your base, as you stated the base is primary for airbenders so you wouldn't block the entrace with blocks?
Its an airbender base because it is so high up. I would airblast myself up onto it, and light up the top so no monsters spawn. If there is one I would airblast the zombie off the top of the mountain and put a torch where it spawned. Havent had a zombie spawn for a long time now.

There's nothing stopping any other bender getting up there. I suppose if I put a lip on the cliff then that would stop most other benders getting up but I didnt want to restrict it so strongly.

Tenket

Verified Member
Depending on what you mean by 'hardest'
The easiest to fight with in my opinion
is water because you don't have to be very aggressive compared to the other elements.
The easiest for survival is definitely earth or air, air for survivability, and earth for mining.
Fire would be better if it could smelt ores, but that's just my opinion.
I mean't hardest to fight with. So in order of technical ability required i think water is harder than others. Just with the whole source thing.

HydroMan

Verified Member
"lip" as in... ?

I wonder, what is or would be airbending weakness in reality, that would restric them from airbending (other than water)?