• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earth Sphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
So? it doesnt have to be exactly like it it was just a visual description
Well there have to some standards. See I'm not saying that moves should be exactly like in the show but we can't presume to much. Aang was the avatar and one of the most powerful benders of his time so if he couldn't walk with it I can't say that any other bender could either.
What Aang did is basically a circular version of earth armor...
So why do we need this if you all ready have earth armour ?

Hammytheconqurer

Verified Member
Well there have to some standards. See I'm not saying that moves should be exactly like in the show but we can't presume to much. Aang was the avatar and one of the most powerful benders of his time so if he couldn't walk with it I can't say that any other bender could either.

So why do you need this if you all ready have earth armour ?
Well i really dont wanna argue, But he never did try and walk, it was in the heat of the moment for him
#PuunyCauseHeatGetit?no?ok

paliate

Verified Member
Ah idk why but i didn't really look at the background, just the boulder.
So i didn't think of him being in it, like in the finale.

owlcool

Verified Member
Aang was not one of the strongest benders of his time. Toph was. Toph never used this, and neither did any other earthbender. Toph is basically a legendary earthbender, inventing metalbending and being on par with bumi, considering that Bumi was the strongest earthbender in the world, and that toph was able to counter each and every one of his strikes, and he was able to do the same with her's, she is the strongest earthbender there is, and that is undeniable. When she was 12, she did that. So, maybe this move is not very useful, not cannon, and overpowered, all at the same time. I don't think this move is exactly the best move in the world.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Aang was not one of the strongest benders of his time. Toph was
Toph was one of the greatest earthbenders. Aang was one of them as well as he learned earthbending directly from her. Even Jeong Jeong stated that he never saw so much raw power.
Well i really dont wanna argue, But he never did try and walk, it was in the heat of the moment for him
#PuunyCauseHeatGetit?no?ok
He probably never did try because he can't in the first place. In order to keep all of that around him in that circular fashion he had to keep his legs tight next to his body.
Plus as it is a sphere he could have rolled with it but to be able to walk he would have had to get his legs true the earth sphere. Not to much defence then ....

owlcool

Verified Member
Toph was one of the greatest earthbenders. Aang was one of them as well as he learned earthbending directly from her. Even Jeong Jeong stated that he never saw so much raw power.

He probably never did try because he can't in the first place. In order to keep all of that around him in that circular fashion he had to keep his legs tight next to his body.
Plus as it is a sphere he could have rolled with it but to be able to walk he would have had to get his legs true the earth sphere. Not to much defence then ....
First point, that was before he was an earthbender. Or ever earthbent. He learned Earthbending from a Genius, yes. But that was for less then a few months. You don't become great at something without like 2000 hours practice. He was already a master. Of airbending, not earthbending. Second point, could you rephrase that?

Hammytheconqurer

Verified Member

it would be cool if you could roll in the sphere, like a bowling ball

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Second point, could you rephrase that?
Ill try xD. It would be hard to walk in that sphere because it would be cramped and there would be no room inside for his legs to move. In order for him to walk he would either make the sphere bigger so he could walk like in a hamster well or make a hole in it for his legs to exit the sphere and and actually walk properly witch would just look weird :p.
For the first point I think that his earthbending lessons with Toph continued after he ended the war. Also Aang was undeniably one of the most powerful bendes of his time. Yes he was no match for Toph's earthbending skills but he was fairly close and he compensated in other forms of bending as you stated > airbending. I never tried to state that Aang was the greatest earthbender but the greatest bender in general

owlcool

Verified Member
Ill try xD. It would be hard to walk in that sphere because it would be cramped and there would be no room inside for his legs to move. In order for him to walk he would either make the sphere bigger so he could walk like in a hamster well or make a hole in it for his legs to exit the sphere and and actually walk properly witch would just look weird :p.
For the first point I think that his earthbending lessons with Toph continued after he ended the war. Also Aang was undeniably one of the most powerful bendes of his time. Yes he was no match for Toph's earthbending skills but he was fairly close and he compensated in other forms of bending as you stated > airbending. I never tried to state that Aang was the greatest earthbender but the greatest bender in general
The avatar should usually be the greatest bender unless something is wrong in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.