• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Earth shard improvement.

Uggat

Verified Member
Instead of raising 3 blocks that float in the air, you raise three pillars, you can raise these three pillars next to each other to form a small wall. The three blocks on top of these pillars would be the ones shot out, thus shortening the wall. The wall would still be up and after a short cool down, you can shoot out the next layer, then the next layer. This implements the idea of making a defense then transforming it into an attack. Also instead of shooting the three layers separately you could charge for a few seconds while looking at the wall (making the pillars next to each other) and you’ll be able to control the wall similarly to earth smash, only it would be a lot like water bending’s surge and after you click while holding this wall it would be sent out dealing devastating damage. If the pillars aren’t next to each other than you would just control one pillar that deals the same damage as 1 group/ layer that’s sent out.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Would be an overkill (op-y) when you can throw a freaking huge 1x6x6 (6 blocks high and width) wall with no chargetime and cooldown. I mean, how the heck would anyone be able to dodge it? We don't even know the speed, so nobody can be certain If these attack can be anticipated. This would kinda give a bit unfair advantage for earthbenders to hold their defense from a far range, because other players would be scared facing their wall from 26 blocks (again, not enough details given how far you can throw it), when this combo (oh, I just notice your suggesting to existing ability, which I find that quite of proposal questionable for such choice) would turn out a gimmick/niche once earthbenders get an hang of it (of course when and if it gets implemented). Not to mention, this deals, as you given - devasting damage, which makes it even more arguably overpowered unlike what Surge is capable of.

Uggat

Verified Member
No, I’m pretty sure I said there’s a charge time, you gotta charge for however long earthsmash’s charge is. And I honestly don’t care about being able to shoot the whole thing at once, just mostly being able to shoot the three layers of the small wall. And I’m pretty sure it isn’t 6 blocks high and 6 blocks wide lol, the pillars would be the same height as how the original version is, which is like three blocks, and you would only be able to make three pillars, like the original earth shard. So I would really be 3 by 3 rather than 6 by 6 lol.

Uggat

Verified Member
The way earthshard is sent out, the same damage, distance would remain the same. But instead of floating in the air, they'd be pillars, and when these three pillars are next to each other they act as a small wall. The only difference between the original earthshard and my suggestion is that there is more defense and you can shoot three groups of earthshard. A cooldown between each layer so you can’t just spam.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
By default, pillars of RaiseEarth is by 1x3x1 (lengthxheightxwidth) and walls of it by 1x6x6. I do think you should be able to launch a small chuck (1 x 3 x 3) from the wall with EarthSmash ability (because it's more fitting and earth shards isn't official ability).

Uggat

Verified Member
It’s not official?! Aw man.. sorry for wasting your time lmao. But hopefully it could be implemented because I really like the idea of transforming a defense into an attack.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It’s not official?! Aw man.. sorry for wasting your time lmao. But hopefully it could be implemented because I really like the idea of transforming a defense into an attack.
Don't be sorry, lol. I do think earth shard would benefit If tweaked a little bit and extented as a technique for earth blast. EarthShard is the most iconic ability in the show and I feel like it could be integrated to EarthBlast under circumstances when there are no blocks above bendable for it to ascend. As regarding your suggestion, it just doesn't fit with earthshard and frankly it would complicate that Jedcore's ability. Now If it were as a standalone apart of earthsmash, it would be much benefitial, but for me personally throwing large pillars is a bit too much out of nature on how earthbending was portrayed in the cartoon/comics. I just don't like this ability, sorry. Not my cup of tea.

Uggat

Verified Member
With your statement of it not being in the show, I must disagree with you lol, because you see earthbender make walls/ pillars all the time, slice it in half then shoot out the half of the wall. So I wouldn’t throw large pillars but slice the wall layer by layer horizontally. But yeah I understand where your coming from and accept that this won’t be implemented, but I’m just making a point to explain it further lol

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
They didn't throw large pillars though. They threw more like their size or twice bendable stuff (like earthsmash).

That's why I propose to allow EarthSmash to hurl 3x3 slate patches from raiseearth walls Throwing a pillar/wall that's 6 blocks high would be overwhelming and yeah while some might argue 1 block would be equivalent to one meter (the height of a somewhat average adult human), it doesn't look like that compared to the size of a human and by that logic earthblast is throwing boulders not rocks.