• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion (Earth) [Sand] SandWave

Element: Earth

Sub-Element: Sand

Move Name: SandWave

Move Type: Extension

Base Move: Shockwave

Cooldown: Pre-existing

Description:
I’ll start off saying that this move isn’t canon. It’s entirely my idea that I rationalized should be possible. My argument behind this is that it was stated that sandbending is more akin to waterbending and airbending. Sand is supposed to be swift, soft, and manipulable. This version of shockwave is faster, but it has a different and more unique approach of dealing damage. Of course, I still want to keep the option of the regular shockwave open, because that will certainly have its uses as well.

SandWave is a sandbending version of Shockwave. The original shockwave on sand will be kept intact. How this will work is different.

To start charging up SandWave, right click, then start holding sneak. Then you can left click or release sneak to produce a wave in a singular direction or a wave in all directions that travels 2x faster than Shockwave and 1.5x longer. However, the way the wave behaves is different.

The wave is not as tall as Shockwave. It will only affect players that are on the ground or 1 block above it. The wave will appear to look similar to the JedCore EarthSurf addon, where there’s fallingblocks. The wave itself will appear to be falling sand blocks traveling outwards. If the wave connects and hits an opponent, sandstone will jut out of the ground and hit the opponent for 1 hearts of damage, and knock them up in the air and backwards, perhaps enough to deal 0.5 - 1 heart of fall damage. The cooldown for this move would be that of shockwave’s.

We talked about this in chat, so I kinda share a similar thing I had mind way back, which you might consider changing or taking some of these ideas:

Basically, I didn't have a clear vision how the wave would look like (except that is out of sand blocks), but with Shockwave selected, puncing air (without charging/sneaking) this will trigger the wave (If there happens to be sand in front of the user) which will travel across the ground (where and If there is sand) forward in front of the user. Unlike regular sandstone shockwave, or surge for that matter, this is the only wave ability of it's kind where it can still be easily maneuver after it's launched via POV/cursor. It shouldn't cause (damage), but deal damage (simulating the effect of the dust creeping into the enemies eyes and forcing them to closed their eyes). Kind of like the principle mudsurge, but not the ability itself is same.

It's a valid question tho. In my defense, I would respond that "Earthbending lacks in sandbending abilities, having the sub-category empty in the plugin. Sandwave doesn't really offer anything offer new to the stradegy table, but it is unique and has it merit".

It's a valid question tho. In my defense, I would respond that "Earthbending lacks in sandbending abilities, having the sub-category empty in the plugin. Sandwave doesn't really offer anything offer new to the stradegy table, but it is unique and has it merit".
It's faster and has longer range than sandwave, which would usually render it superior.
However, it has a different approach of damaging people, which may be less useful against an earthbender or airbender.