• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

(Earth)[Sand] SandSpout Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we all know the move SandSpout, right? It's literally what it says- it's a sand of spout that can propel sandbenders up a bit, and if you're some sort of stunt master, I guess it can be used as an attack move?

Sandbending, let alone, offensive sandbending wasn't shown too much in TLA, and I don't think it was ever really shown in LoK. Because of this, I can understand why sandbending doesn't have much development.

Sandbenders have been seen to create "localized storms of sand", but we'll call them sandspouts since they look like spouts

This move would be an addition to SandSpout
Right click any sand block to select that as a source. Then hold sneak, and a spout of sand will erupt from that source. The spout of sand will be drawn from the block that you right-clicked, and the spout will keep in front of your cursor. It will look like this if you draw it from a sand block next to you

Anyone who stands in this spout (is an idiot) will get receive the damage and effects (The Actual spout is defined by the yellow glass BLOCKS
Anyone who runs or gets hit by the stream of sand supplying the "spout" (is a bigger idiot) will receive half a heart of damage and get knocked out of the stream.
By default, the stream would appear 2 blocks in front of you. However, while you're sneaking, you can left click to extend the spout by 1 block. The spout can be extended to go up to 5 blocks.
You can also move the spout around (with the stream of sand following it) by moving your cursor. (Just don't hit yourself with the stream)

This is what a fully extended "spout" would look like. I think you guys get the idea by now.
Note that this Spout can block the following moves:
Fireblast
Fireburst
AirSwipe
EarthBlast
IceSpike
IceBlast
WaterManipulation
Also consider that Torrent and Surge would stop the SandSpout and activate the cooldown. SandSpout can last for up to 6 seconds, then a cooldown of 6.5 seconds would take effect.

WaterFan99

NO NO NOO NOOO, THE ANIMATION FOR SANDSPOUT.....OMG NO OH GOD PLEASE No.. NO NO.... NOOOOOOOOOO THE PARTICLES WHY GOD WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CREATE SANDSPOUT.

I like this. Adding a second, offensive and defensive use, to a utility ability. Not to mention the need for Sandbending moves.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
So we all know the move SandSpout, right? It's literally what it says- it's a sand of spout that can propel sandbenders up a bit, and if you're some sort of stunt master, I guess it can be used as an attack move?

Sandbending, let alone, offensive sandbending wasn't shown too much in TLA, and I don't think it was ever really shown in LoK. Because of this, I can understand why sandbending doesn't have much development.

Sandbenders have been seen to create "localized storms of sand", but we'll call them sandspouts since they look like spouts

This move would be an addition to SandSpout
Right click any sand block to select that as a source. Then hold sneak, and a spout of sand will erupt from that source. The spout of sand will be drawn from the block that you right-clicked, and the spout will keep in front of your cursor. It will look like this if you draw it from a sand block next to you

Anyone who stands in this spout (is an idiot) will get receive the damage and effects (The Actual spout is defined by the yellow glass BLOCKS
Anyone who runs or gets hit by the stream of sand supplying the "spout" (is a bigger idiot) will receive half a heart of damage and get knocked out of the stream.
By default, the stream would appear 2 blocks in front of you. However, while you're sneaking, you can left click to extend the spout by 1 block. The spout can be extended to go up to 5 blocks.
You can also move the spout around (with the stream of sand following it) by moving your cursor. (Just don't hit yourself with the stream)

This is what a fully extended "spout" would look like. I think you guys get the idea by now.
Fireblast
Fireburst
AirSwipe
EarthBlast
IceSpike
IceBlast
WaterManipulation
Also consider that Torrent and Surge would stop the SandSpout and activate the cooldown. SandSpout can last for up to 6 seconds, then a cooldown of 6.5 seconds would take effect.
I'd like to note that fireburst, icespike, and iceblast cannot with the current code be blocked.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Also I'd like to point out how without those prefixes you made yourself in the thread title, I would've never known what this suggestion was for (sarcasm)

#Hero'sMove

UM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can use SandSpout as an attack already -_-
No. Our suggestions are asking for two seperate thing. And moves like FireShield, AirShield via drowning, and AirBubble can be used as attack moves. Are they effective? No.

No one uses sandspout xD
Exactly. If a move doesn't have a current use, I'd find it better if you make it so the move actually does shit that people want, instead of just removing it, because if this was added, it COULD add some variety to a battle in a desert/beach or whatever area has sand in it.

promancer

Fireblast
Fireburst
(Makes sense, many use sand to put out fires)
AirSwipe
(Why? Shouldn't air push the sand out of the way)
EarthBlast
IceSpike
IceBlast
WaterManipulation
(Water wouldn't wet the sand?)
I support everything else, sandspout is pretty much a one use move. Concerned about someone trying to activate the spout and shooting sand instead...

Moonelight

It's pretty reasonable to say that we have seen Sandbenders create "twisters" before. Because of how comparable the style is to Airbending, I have decided to set this Looking Into.

Status
Not open for further replies.