• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Earth] {Sand} - Quicksand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Sensei

Verified Member
Here's a suggestion ability for earthbenders with the sand sub-skill.

Some of you have probably been on servers with a quicksand move. Well this ability has two modes.

Usage

First Mode - Shift + Left-click > To use this mode, you must first hold shift on the selected player/creature for at least 2.5 seconds. Then, you can left-click when they're standing on sand to sink them into the ground. It will cover 1/2 of the player/creature in sand (bottom half). Then, you can click again to sink them even deeper, completely submerging them in sand. They can break out by breaking the sand blocks. This has a 14 second cooldown, and a 5 block range. Releasing shift will resurface the player or creature.

Second Mode - Right-click + Shift > To select a source first, you right-click a block in building radius (3 or 4 blocks). Then, hold shift to create a whirling twister of sand that spews falling sand everywhere. If a creature or player gets caught in, they take 1/2 of damage and are knocked back and receive blindness for 4 seconds.

Canon

General Fong Softened the ground up to be able to sink Katara into the ground.

Sandbenders creating a sand twister to generate wind for their sand sailers.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Sand-sailer?file=Sandbenders_using_a_sand-sailer.png

Disclaimer

While this suggestion may seem like a copy of the combo, EarthSink, There are reasonings to provide for a reason why this isn't earthsink.

- EarthSink is outdated.

- EarthSink is a combo, not a move

- EarthSink only has one way to use it

- EarthSink can glitch and work on any block (I've noticed)

- EarthSink is not a sub-element skill.

Please consider my suggestion,

-AndrewSensei

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
I like this idea a lot, it would bring some more abilities to sandbending :>
-
I especially like how there would be two modes. Of course the quicksand would eventually disappear, but while someone is in the quicksand, the earthbender could give them all they've got! This would be extremely useful against airbenders primarily, because they're always moving around :p

Status
Not open for further replies.