• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Earth] LavaControl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Sensei

Verified Member
Disclaimer - Although this ability may be related to another ability already suggested, I didn't find any ability close to this.

Usage

LavaControl allows a lavabender to have a defensive ability designed to make lava less "OP".

There are 2 ways of using this move.

The first way is simple, hold shift at a full size lava block and it will disappear. Then it will take about 6 seconds to fully form.

The second way allows you to absorb incoming lava projecticles, (e.g, lavathrow, lavaline, or just lava coming within 3 blocks of you) And collecting that lava as a source.

When your sphere is completely formed, you can do 2 things.

You can left-click to shoot a lavablast (literally watermanip but it's lava instead)

Or, you can release shift to solidify it into obsidian, however it will disappear after 10-20 seconds.

Pros/Cons

Pros

You can shield yourself from attackers.

You can redirect lavabending.

The obsidian shield can't be broken by bending. (However, fireblasts blast radius can hit you while inside)

Cons

The warm up time is quite a pain.

You need to have a lava source.

You can hurt yourself with the shield if you aren't careful.

Canon

Bolin protects himself from the lava, then solidifies it into molten rock.

Optional Ideas in mind

If you didn't think this move was very realistic or canon to the show, there is an optional idea I had in mind.

Instead of gathering lava and forming a sphere, it's more like waterbubble for lavabenders. You can hold shift to temporarily remove nearby lava blocks.

Note: Post your idea below!

Poll Here - (Disclaimer, the following links are not for advertising purposes :) )

http://tinyurl.com/LavaPoll

If for some reason you think this link is a download to a virus, or any other suspicious or unrelated website, please use the following

http://getlinkinfo.com

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Im up for this idea. That video is not the only one canon proof (remember How Biolin nulled Ghazan''s lava attack?

Andrew Sensei

Verified Member
Why make a poll in a seperate link, when you can just do right in here directly?

At first I forgot to add in a poll, but I realized you can't remove/add polls when you edit a post. So I just created a custom poll on another poll website.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Don't know what to think or say. It's not bad, but I'm not sure if I see myself supporting the move. I'll just see what the community thinks! ;)
But anyways, good suggestion: organized and easy to read with good visuals and canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.