• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion (Earth) [Lava] MagmaPool

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Element: Earth

Sub-Element: Lava

Move Name: MagmaPool

Move Type: Combo

Combination: (RaiseEarth) Left Click (Not looking at block) -> (Collapse) Left Click (Not looking at block) -> (Tap Sneak where you want to produce the pool) LavaFlow

Cooldown: 20 - 30 seconds

Description:
MagmaPool is intended to be a staple move for Lavabending. What magmapool will do is that it’ll create a decently sized pool of lava, with the edges surrounded by magma blocks. What makes this move different from LavaFlow? The magma pool is permanent, unless it is extinguished by water, a firebender, or another lavabender.

Upon tapping sneak, the MagmaPool will start to form, with first magma appearing, then expanding, then lava appearing at the center, and both magma and lava expanding out, until it reaches a size somewhat around the picture that I displayed.. It would take about 3 - 4.5 seconds for it to fully form.

The pool starting to dissipate if the lavabender is chi blocked can be a config option.

This is move that may seem redundant, but let me explain. Right now, the only move that creates lava is lavaflow. These lava pools have a decent duration, but for they do go away fairly quickly, so it can’t exactly support long-term lavabending. If lavabending is to become a sustainable subelement, it needs to have abilities that can help it sustain itself.

The cooldown for this move would be hefty; about 20 - 30 seconds. However, if the magma pool lives once the combo is off cooldown again, if you activate magmapool in the pre-existing pool of magma, the pool will expand, with the magmablock rim, perhaps 3 - 4 blocks within 4 seconds. This can only be done once.

A visual of how I imagine MagmaPool to look like when created is provided below.