• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth Combo - Knockup for other entities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenket

Verified Member
This is essentially a raiseearth pillar that has more knockup than normal.
Combo could be shift on catapult release on raiseearth.

This could be used to damage entities by flicking them up in the air, or as a way to provide travel alternatives to alies.
It has surely been raised in the past but i think it is a good addition.

Ill keep it short.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't think this is good because we don't need to be adding every little thing to get some earth combos. The combos are supposed to be better because you have to take that extra step to use them. This could be some sort of config option.

Tenket

Verified Member
I don't think this is good because we don't need to be adding every little thing to get some earth combos. The combos are supposed to be better because you have to take that extra step to use them. This could be some sort of config option.
In what ways are "The combos are supposed to be better"?
Could you explain more clearly why combos are meant to be better?

And what kind of thing do you mean by "This could be some sort of config option"?

Overall kinda unclear, but i would honestlylike an explanation.
Is the suggestion too simple?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
In what ways are "The combos are supposed to be better"?
Could you explain more clearly why combos are meant to be better?
The combos are supposed to be better because you have to take that extra step to do them, it isn't just a click or pressing shift, it's moving through your hotbar to the moves you need to do while sometimes holding shift and clicking and all sorts of things. This allows people to use more strategy.
And what kind of thing do you mean by "This could be some sort of config option"?
If you want raise earth to do more knockback to players to send them upwards more, it could be added to the config.

Matt

Verified Member
I'd be happy to code this! (Gonna start tonight and depends if I can figure out the PK combo api anytime soon)

g221

Verified Member
I can see it! im a animator and I can see someone(earthbender from show) in catapult mode earth sticking up behind him/her then rolling pattern into a raisearth, anyways back to minecraft world
I don't think this is good because we don't need to be adding every little thing to get some earth combos.
Spoken like a waterbender, Just code this its good!! come on u cant complain its a great idea!

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Guess Icewave is an exception, neh? This combo makes more sense than that.

Can be a good way to disorient your opponents. I'm sure if someone looked hard enough they could find a gif where an earthbender actually does this.

My honest opinion is a little different though. Just due to the large amount of moves and abilities earth has, I am against any combos for earth. Don't hate on me, we all know that earth has way more content (and potential for content) than any of the other elements. So any and all combos for earth just aren't what I like :p

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Guess Icewave is an exception, neh? This combo makes more sense than that.

Can be a good way to disorient your opponents. I'm sure if someone looked hard enough they could find a gif where an earthbender actually does this.

My honest opinion is a little different though. Just due to the large amount of moves and abilities earth has, I am against any combos for earth. Don't hate on me, we all know that earth has way more content (and potential for content) than any of the other elements. So any and all combos for earth just aren't what I like :p
Ice wave is no exception.

Tenket

Verified Member
ss Icewave is an exception, neh? This combo makes more sense than that.

My honest opinion is a little different though. Just due to the large amount of moves and abilities earth has, I am against any combos for earth. Don't hate on me, we all know that earth has way more content (and potential for content) than any of the other eleme
I can understand. If thats the case ill start whining for a move that is a horizontal raise earth (push and pull earth toward and away)

Status
Not open for further replies.