• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Distancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay, so in martial arts there is an aspect that I feel is lost on the plugin.
I will give you a brief explanation of it.
Distancing is the best range in martial arts, too close and you are putting yourself at risk. Too far, and you can't effectively attack. I probably don't have the best description of this, so you can google this up yourself. Hell, you can even bing that shit.(Humor)
Anyway, there should be a good "Distance" to each element, possibly taken from the martial arts if anybody actually practicing the actual martial arts such as Tai Chi, Baguazhang, Etc, and knows some actual combat for such.

There should be exceptions to each element, such as a particularly good move for long range, but it should have a long warmup/cooldown, etc. If I am missing anything for this then feel free to chime in.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
From how I understand distancing in martial arts is that you need to be a certain ways away to effectively use a technique.. With elements it's really the same. Most airbenders like distance, while firebenders are a close-range fighting group..

owlcool

Verified Member
From how I understand distancing in martial arts is that you need to be a certain ways away to effectively use a technique.. With elements it's really the same. Most airbenders like distance, while firebenders are a close-range fighting group..
Main Offensive airbending move? Airswipe. Close ranged. That seems to be more of the rule then the exception.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Main Offensive airbending move? Airswipe. Close ranged. That seems to be more of the rule then the exception.
I mainly use airsweep, but that's just me.. Any who, I meant to say my previous comment more as it's a benders decision how powerful they are close or far. The reason the martial arts are good at certain ranges really isn't the same as the bending elements.

owlcool

Verified Member
I mainly use airsweep, but that's just me.. Any who, I meant to say my previous comment more as it's a benders decision how powerful they are close or far. The reason the martial arts are good at certain ranges really isn't the same as the bending elements.
However, the Elements are based off of specific martial arts. I feel that the plugin is somewhat open to revision if that is what is made is wrong, right?

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
People can play with what strategies they want to use. If somebody wants to get all up in your face and bend at you, they can. If somebody wants to keep as much distance as they can, they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.