• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Disable auto sub element assign option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_08

I need a way to disable/enable the auto sub element assign when someone chooses or adds an element.

Example:
When someone does /b choose water or /b add water the player also get ice, plant, and healing
When someone does /b choose earth or /b add earth they also get lava metal and sand
same thing for fire and air

I just need an option in the config file that disables this,
If this is already possible PLEASE inform me, and I apologize for creating a pointless thread if so.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Whenever a player chooses an element, they are given all the subelements they have permission for by default. If you take away the bending.<element>.<subelement> permission then use /b add <subelement> <player> you can control which subelements they have.

Hope that helps. :)

Loony

I need a way to disable/enable the auto sub element assign when someone chooses or adds an element.

Example:
When someone does /b choose water or /b add water the player also get ice, plant, and healing
When someone does /b choose earth or /b add earth they also get lava metal and sand
same thing for fire and air

I just need an option in the config file that disables this,
If this is already possible PLEASE inform me, and I apologize for creating a pointless thread if so.
Are you sure there isn't an option? I could have sworn there was.

Strange, he's talking about RPG

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Are you sure there isn't an option? I could have sworn there was.

Strange, he's talking about RPG
I don't think he is. This is posted in Core and in Core, you get all subelements you have permission for when you choose/add an element.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
This should be an option in the config. Yes there are ways around it but we should have an option. It should be a bit more fleshed out though.

Jack_08

correct me if I'm wrong, so I'm using permissionsEx, so all i need to do is
/pex user <player> add -bending.water.ice
this will deny the sub element, ice, when ever they do /bending choose water or /bending add water

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
correct me if I'm wrong, so I'm using permissionsEx, so all i need to do is
/pex user <player> add -bending.water.ice
this will deny the sub element, ice, when ever they do /bending choose water or /bending add water
Almost. It's just bending.water.icebending instead.

That was my fault though since I didn't clarify. So my bad. Sorry about that.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Code:
bending.air.flight
bending.air.spiritualprojection
bending.earth.sandbending
bending.earth.metalbending
bending.earth.lavabending
bending.fire.combustionbending
bending.fire.lightningbending
bending.water.icebending
bending.water.plantbending
bending.water.healing
bending.water.bloodbending

Jack_08

Thank you all for your support and helping me find a way to this ^.^, but would be easier if there was an option that disables this in the config, instead of just doing every single subelement.
once again thank you
-Jack​

Status
Not open for further replies.