• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Different colored fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalBender1

Verified Member
(small spoiler from season 1. You have been warned)

Ok so in the anime there were some firebenders that could bend in different colors. For example, When Azula firebent in the anime it was blue.

My suggestion is to add Different colored Firebending. Blue Firebending is the only color I can think of right now that is possible. I was thinking that maybe you could use the water particles and replace them with the fire particles for players who have the permission/node to use it.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
This would be difficult to do because fire particles only come in one color. That's something that cannot be changed. Others have suggested using blue firework particles, but those might be more lag-inducing or just plain unappealing.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Like the wake particles used in fishing? Or the water dripping particles from cave ceilings?
I don't think those would look very nice.

They would infact look like waterbending :3

Moonelight

Verified Member
Lapis block - breaking particles might look nice.

Just in case you were wondering, fire comes in a varitation of colors. As shown in the Dragon Dance episode of TLA.

From what it looks like, I am guessing (And from looking up "Different Color Fire"), that the colors shown here are the only possible ones. Well... maybe not.

The only colors I have had pop up, are these:

Red/Orange, Green, Blue and Purple/Pink

Maybe a command that gives Firebenders access to choosing a color.

Like /bending fire [color]

I actually like this suggestion, and I hope it makes it!

Kwesi

Verified Member
I am quite a fan of this idea. It would be really cool to see something like this in-game, I just wonder if it's possible for it to look the part without it being fire particles. I hope there is a way.

chazpants

Verified Member
Or diamond block breaking particles? And a idea for this could be a phase change for fire benders it would change the colour and strength of simple moves like fireblast

Crawl Atlastopian

Verified Member
As for the people who dont know yet. Craftbukkit is dead and cant come back due to Eula. Altough lots of proffesional coders from bukkit are working on a new project called sponge that will be a big chance it will still include the features of bukkit but the biggest change is going to be for mods and servers and how they work together.

Joeri

Verified Member
As for the people who dont know yet. Craftbukkit is dead and cant come back due to Eula. Altough lots of proffesional coders from bukkit are working on a new project called sponge that will be a big chance it will still include the features of bukkit but the biggest change is going to be for mods and servers and how they work together.
Due the EULA? No, Wesley Wolf wanted his part of CODE removed from the bukkit project, and without that it cannot continue

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
So what I think is that this should be just an aesthetic change. This said blue should be the colour of the fire particles
in the new texturepack they are making fore Project Korra. This is also the only way I can think of actually making blue fire.

Joeri

Verified Member
(small spoiler from season 1. You have been warned)

Ok so in the anime there were some firebenders that could bend in different colors. For example, When Azula firebent in the anime it was blue.

My suggestion is to add Different colored Firebending. Blue Firebending is the only color I can think of right now that is possible. I was thinking that maybe you could use the water particles and replace them with the fire particles for players who have the permission/node to use it.
Also, the show isn't an anime

Crawl Atlastopian

Verified Member
Due the EULA? No, Wesley Wolf wanted his part of CODE removed from the bukkit project, and without that it cannot continue
I ment that a dude (dont remember his name) who had a lot of bukkit on his name, saw that craftbukkit became from mojang, but mojang didnt buy all the copyright rights. And that is why he was able to take all of bukkit down.

Joeri

Verified Member
I ment that a dude (dont remember his name) who had a lot of bukkit on his name, saw that craftbukkit became from mojang, but mojang didnt buy all the copyright rights. And that is why he was able to take all of bukkit down.
Yes, Wesley Wolf, His code was used in the project, Later he wanted it removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.