• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Valid Developer Application

Matt

Verified Member
How much experience do you have in java?:
I have had lots of time to refine my skills in java, From as long as I remember I was always fascinated with how games worked, when I was 11 (couple years ago) I began to learn about the language minecraft was built on and how to code with it I started learning about what Object Oriented programming was and about the basic variables, After becoming decently fluent in Java (nearly a year later) I decided I was ready to tackle bukkit, After about a year I got fluent with that and by that time I had seen Orion's bending plugin, in my past years I had loved the series Avatar The Last Air-Bender and this plugin brought back memories, I played on a few servers then when the plugin went inactive I attempted to add more moves onto the plugin, since the plugin had no proper API it took hours to create one moves basic setup then a lot longer to create the actual move. Since then I have progressed to more advanced things like Trigonometry and Block manipulation.

Have you ever publicly released a plugin / project? If so, could you provide a link?:
It's all here: http://projectkorra.com/forum/resources/firedrill.89/ (Basic Trigonometry makes cool animations)

Why do you want to be a developer for ProjectKorra?:

Ever since Orion's bending plugin was in its early stages I watched more servers with the plugin over time. After this plugin became inactive I decided to attempt and create my own bending plugin built on top of this original code, After I heard about ProjectKorra coming I just sort of just dropped its development, now since ProjectKorra is here I would like to do everything I can do to help in the community and make this plugin bigger and more advanced than it already is. I also think I may be the right man for this because as I said above I coded moves into the original plugin and know the procedure, Something that I think I could provide is my activity, since development has been slowing a bit lately I may be able to help speed it up (I'm on 3-7 hours a day when I dont have homework) another reason I am applying is because I think there is always room for improvement weather it be team skills or java programming.

Do you have a preference for which plugin you work on?:

I will work wherever ProjectKorra needs me.

Country / Time Zone:

Eastern time (Canada)

Additional Relevant Skills:
Worked on many staff teams, Know a lot of the bukkit(spigot) API. and am familiar with the Project Korra Methods class, Full knowledge of creating a core move and addon move

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this and it means a lot to me

Regards -Matt
Please feel free to PM me for my Skype

Last edited: