• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Pending Review Delete Option.

Pride

Verified Member
Yeah, so I've just interacted with Community Moderator Easte (shoutout to you, bro), and apparently, what I heard is that you cannot delete your own post. I want to suggest an option that allows you to, so when and if you think your post is not appropriate for the forums, you could delete your post without having a Moderator do it for you.

1.) 'Oh, but, you could just edit the post and edit the title.'
Well, what if they just don't want the post there anymore?

2.) 'Well, if they didn't want it there, they shouldn't have posted it in the first place.'
What if they realize the post wasn't appropriate for the subject? Then they'd be stuck with a post just waiting to get denied.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What if they realize the post wasn't appropriate for the subject? Then they'd be stuck with a post just waiting to get denied.
And that's a problem why? You might not know whenever the idea appropriate or not, unless you're referring whenever the post itself isn't breaking the Forum Rules. You might think a Suggestion thread is highly unlikely to be rejected and disproved, but leaving there undeleted might have some value even if you don't believe it. It might just turn out to be an insightful post and some could even take your ideas and improve it over all or resuggested something similar after getting inspiration from it.

Overall, summing it up: it would better to lock it by requesting to the moderator, rather to ask for the deletion of it.

Well, what if they just don't want the post there anymore?
Who to be exact?
======================================
Ironicly, pretty sure this was suggested and denied, lol. Probably because of the same reason I listed in here.

Pride

Verified Member
Having the option to lock your thread would be preferable.

'They' as in Anyone. I don't like using the terms she/he or it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I've tried to delete one of my post. That one time out of several where I "done goofed" and made a suggestion towards PK about a JedCore move. Because I made a suggestion that accidentally had a JedCore move in it, it was an irrelevant thread. I wanted to delete it because there's no point in it existing on the forums. I couldn't delete it so I just left it named as: "IRRELEVANT"

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Having the option to lock your thread would be preferable.

'They' as in Anyone. I don't like using the terms she/he or it.
I'm afraid giving that, as access to their own thread, is also a bad idea. It might just become used for wrong reasons, such as stopping discussion when the OP can't handle constructive critism, or to punish the thread rather those who when off-topic or caused flame war (that should be MOD's job on punishing those people), or just end the debatable thread for no apparant reason (probably of others disagreeing or having different opinions from your own in general). The Least thing you better off doing is tagging a mod to lock it (thought with my listed reasons they might not even locked it even though it is request by the OP).

Pride

Verified Member
I'm afraid giving that, as access to their own thread, is also a bad idea. It might just become used for wrong reasons, such as stopping discussion when the OP can't handle constructive critism, or to punish the thread rather those who when off-topic or caused flame war (that should be MOD's job on punishing those people), or just end the debatable thread for no apparant reason (probably of others disagreeing or having different opinions from your own in general). The Least thing you better off doing is tagging a mod to lock it (thought with my listed reasons they might not even locked it even though it is request by the OP).
You are right, however, maybe Administrators could possibly add a 'Request Lock' option. So it'll just bring a Mod or Admin to the chat and allow them to see what's going on. And maybe have a description to the option, so you don't really have to type in the thread, and they could just see if you're right about the issue and lock it without actually having to tag a Mod or Admin.

Loony

Verified Member
I'm not sure if it's right to allow members to delete their posts, it could be abused. You can always message a moderator and ask them to remove your post?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You are right, however, maybe Administrators could possibly add a 'Request Lock' option. So it'll just bring a Mod or Admin to the chat and allow them to see what's going on. And maybe have a description to the option, so you don't really have to type in the thread, and they could just see if you're right about the issue and lock it without actually having to tag a Mod or Admin.
Yeah, but like it isn't a really MUST thing. Thought it would be sweet (try maybe even suggest it under the forum suggestion page, if you really want that button to be made), but there is the alternative to "message the mod" as Loony pointed out.

Pride

Verified Member
I'm not sure if it's right to allow members to delete their posts, it could be abused. You can always message a moderator and ask them to remove your post?
That is true, Loony. But it's like a report button, but more complicated. Maybe just change up the report button instead of adding a new button.

Yeah, but like it isn't a really MUST thing. Thought it would be sweet (try maybe even suggest it under the forum suggestion page, if you really want that button to be made), but there is the alternative to "message the mod" as Loony pointed out.
I agree. It's not that important, but it'll be pleasant to have one.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That is true, Loony. But it's like a report button, but more complicated. Maybe just change up the report button instead of adding a new button.
Changing it into "lock dis" would not make sense, cause the thread itself might be breaking the rules or just being plain offensive in general. Nobody would want to look at the locked thread with political and religious crap on it. xD

Pride

Verified Member
Changing it into "lock dis" would not make sense, cause the thread itself might be breaking the rules or just being plain offensive in general. Nobody would want to look at the locked thread with political and religious crap on it. xD
Hah. That's true. I guess just leaving buttons as it is and just tagging a Mod would be alright.
Though, I'll still be waiting till the day you could delete or lock your post. Even though it will probably never happen. Rip.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Though, I'll still be waiting till the day you could delete or lock your post. Even though it will probably never happen. Rip.
I just simple edit the post all out and title. Even though I still do not recommend for anyone to do what I did. xD