• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Defining the color of an Element?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
How/where would you define what the text color of a new element would be?

For example, the text color of Fire is &c and the color of it's sub-abilities is &4.

- Asking for a friend.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
there's 2 options here, they can either add the option into the core config under the same path as the other elements, or override our getColor() method for Element

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Could you elaborate on the override option please. I'm starting to feel like an idiot for not being able to figure this out.

I've looked at the way Pk did it, I've looked at the other overrides that happen through out the code and I've tried to piece together the connections but apparently something else is happening here that I'm either being oblivious to or are just unaware of.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
I am currently working on a rewrite of the element system to hopefully make this and many other common issues with the API easier to get through.