• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Customization

Hello!
I'm planning on using bending on my RPG server, but in a different way.
I'm trying to incorporate bending into a class type system so certain classes get an element.
Thing is, I don't really care for the whole "bender" thing and would rather use something like "caster".
Is there any way I can change parts of the plugin and customize it to fit the server, like adding custom descriptions and commands? I know there's the language.yml I can use, but it doesn't allow very much custom editing.

Thank you!
-Synn

There is a way, but probably only through decompile and doing some recoding magic. If it's not in the config, chances is you have to expertise in java to make such changes.

Well I know some basics of Java, I've just never went into a PK plugin and tried to change things. I have no idea how to do so anyway xD

I've messaged a few devs but none have gotten back to me.

xNuminousx

I would say create ranks with the caster theme and then use something like command signs or holograms to theme your server how you want it. Like in the language config you can change element colors and chat ranks which you can utilize. If you use command signs or holograms surely you can have them send chat messages saying something that fits your theme like "You've become a Water caster!" or something.

By using a plugin which runs commands for the players you're irradiate the need for a change in commands. However, setting this up how you want it could require a lot of maintenance. Not sure your vision so I can't help you out fully.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
ProjectKorra is open source, you are free to modify/use our code as much as you want so long as you give us credit where it is due. Additionally, by modifying our code you waive your right to get any bug support due to us not being responsible for the issues you or your modifications may cause.