• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Custom Ability: EarthSmash

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I recently found this forum and I'm excited to see a community and public API dedicated to improving Bending in minecraft. I've been improving on Orion's older bending plugin for quite a while now and I wanted to share an ability that I created. I hope to publish some abilities for ProjectKorra in the future, and I hope my ability can help give you guys some ideas as well.

Elzoz

omg YES THIS WHAT IVE BEEN MISSING WITH EARTHBENDING! :DDDD

but can it just dirffent type of materials t the same time?? :p

SchvinDZC

Damn, this is actually really cool and well-coded. I'd like to see a move like this officially added to Project Korra.

On another note, I think this move could simply be merged as part of earthblast (for convenience). Perhaps you could just hold shift on the ground longer to summon up the large boulder?

V

Vidcom

I have personally insisted a move highly similar to this one be implemented. You are a dreamboat.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
omg YES THIS WHAT IVE BEEN MISSING WITH EARTHBENDING! :DDDD

but can it just dirffent type of materials t the same time?? :p
Yea you can create a single EarthSmash that is made of 13 different earthbendable material at a time.

Damn, this is actually really cool and well-coded. I'd like to see a move like this officially added to Project Korra.

On another note, I think this move could simply be merged as part of EarthBlast (for convenience). Perhaps you could just hold shift on the ground longer to summon up the large boulder?
I like the idea of having it merged together with EarthBlast that way you could save the bind slot for another ability. Perhaps if it was setup so that you held shift on EarthBlast for 3 seconds it would cause the EarthSmash to rise up. I'm not sure how I would account for the players being able to EarthBlast the blocks individually from the EarthSmash but that's not too important.

is it up for Download ?
If it was coded using ProjectKorra then it definitely would be, sadly I had to kind of jam it into the old bending plugin.

This would be a really cool ability for ProjectKorra.. I think you should maybe work it out with the function of making your own abilities in the plugin. I would definitely add this to my own personal server..

Migsel

Nice Job! Maybe with a click it can be shot somewhere and do 1 heart of damage and a lot of knockback? This is one of the most necessary new moves that needs to be added to the plugin.

ashe36

This is amazing, and I think it's really useful. Although I'd like to see it's default charge-up longer, so it's not just replacing EarthBlast

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
By the way Coolade, how many other abilities do you have made already? I'd love to see some of them.
This was the first ability I made, other than that I rewrote a lot of Orion's code to make it much faster and I changed probably 7 or so abilities for my old server. I had a few ideas for new abilities but I felt a new Earth ability was more important than any of the other elements.

Nice Job! Maybe with a click it can be shot somewhere and do 1 heart of damage and a lot of knockback? This is one of the most necessary new moves that needs to be added to the plugin.
I think as of right now it does 2 hearts of damage when shot, but I do like the idea for a large amount of knockback. I don't know why I didn't add that originally it seems pretty obvious considering how huge the boulder is lol!

This is amazing, and I think it's really useful. Although I'd like to see it's default charge-up longer, so it's not just replacing EarthBlast
Agreed, it should probably be 1.5 to 2 times as long of a charge time as it is now.

Is the source code for ProjectKorra public?

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Yes, feel free to make a pull request if you want to try to get it added to the core plugin (github.com/ProjectKorra/ProjectKorra) or use our API to just put it in

ashe36

There's been a lot of "I'd love to see this on Project Korra" comments, not just on this, and they sort of bother me. It's not as simple as that, to be honest. Although I do agree this would be a great ability, it's not as easy as "Hey Shawn boom it's in Project Korra," there's much more of an actual process.

Immallama

There's been a lot of "I'd love to see this on Project Korra" comments, not just on this, and they sort of bother me. It's not as simple as that, to be honest. Although I do agree this would be a great ability, it's not as easy as "Hey Shawn boom it's in Project Korra," there's much more of an actual process.
Nothing wrong with wanting it. That's kinda the point of suggestions. People either want it in or they don't.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I just posted the ability in the "Abilities" section on the forum, when you find some bugs let me know as I didn't get to test it much after the recoding.