• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Valid Community Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanStryder

Verified Member
Why do you want to be a moderator for ProjectKorra?
I'd like to become a moderator for PK so then I may put an end to the flame wars that keep coming up on here, mainly in suggestions but even so, I'd like to moderate and enforce the ideals of respect and kindness between one another in the forums. It annoys me to see all the hostility.

What prior community moderating experience do you have?

I run my own Bending server that normally gets around 10-20 players depending on the time of day, I've run this server for over 2 years now from when it was Orion making the plugin. I've had a fair few hot heads on the server and I'm not referring to fire benders. I've dealt with them in a fair manner and when some have appealed to bans, I've given them a chance to redeem themselves. If they don't it's back to ban, if they do, then happy server player. If it's flaming in-game then it's telling them to calm down and trying to dissolve the problem, if they persist after several times of being told, then I use mutes and jailtime. Going to forums, again I run a server and we have our own forums, not as active as the server but even when that gets any negative threads/comments I crack down on them by either editing or asking the player to edit it themselves or removing it.

What relevant skills do you have to moderating a forum/community?

I am fair and will listen to both sides of the argument before taking any action. I might be abrupt or blunt but I'm not one to be hostile or angry. I treat others how I want to be treated, I've been on the PK forums for a fair bit now and I want to make it a nicer place for everyone to be able to suggest things and talk with fellow fans with the hostile comments being throw in.

Which time zones could you cover?

I'm available most of the time, I'm on here in my spare time, most of the time I'm available from 4pm onwards UK time, weekends half 4pm, then 2 days a week I'm available before 3pm. This is all UK times.

Thank you for reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.