• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Combustion Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I remember a time when I was Book 3 of Avatar: The Last Airbender series and something caught my eye: in two episodes when the first 2 times Aang, an airbender, encountered Combustion Man. I pay close attention to those scenes once more to check If he did use some sort of airbending (from my speculation) passive technique everytime he heard inhaling breaths from the assassin before releasing his beam of combustion. From the second scene, I'm less doubtful that was just any intuition and I'm almost certain that an airbender has the potential to detect one's breath from any distance based of mastery over the bending art. You can correct me If I'm wrong, because I'm not fully sure if my speculation happens to be false

Ok, so what I propose for the plugin? While currently, Combustion has no charge time and no delay before its beam is shot, which is a downside that makes it more harder to quicklynotify the airbender of its threat and allow them to dodge its blast in time. Because of that, this would be applied whenever the firebender selects combustion.

Ok, I'm gonna go straight to the point, because I was carried away explaining non-important issue. Basically, when an airbender and firebender happen to be in designated radius, and the firebender decides to select his combustion ability, possibly for the desire to kill his enemy monk, an airbending passive will come in and will notify the nomad to prepared for a upcoming dangerous outcome. The Notification could be anything, its up to the staff team's decision, but If you ask me I personally would want the alert to be sent to the airbender privately in the chat, with a capitalized onomatopoeia of a breath-in sound. I believe that type of message reenacts the way how it actually worked in means of being relative to the cartoon, but still giving an effective caution for those who got use too it (will have more faster reaction to the message) and found the meaning behind this warning (combustion I can think of so far that requires in-hale) .

Now that I fucking forgot what I wanted to say next, I'll leave it from here. Once I remember, I'll eta in this post, so for now I'll be expecting any comments in here and please be sure to leave one, as I really wanna hear any type of input about this passive.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
This idea is based from speculation and it would have made more sense to change Combustion to have a charging animation. A lot of benders took their breath when performing advance moves, it isn't unique to combustion.

I'm denying this suggestion, although yes, combustion needs a charge animation like the Combustion addon.

Status
Not open for further replies.