• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Combo Animation Redesign

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Air
Twister:
AirShield (Tap Sneak) >> Tornado (Hold Sneak) [creates a vortex type construct at the area where the airshield would meet, that goes following the same pathway as the shield] >> AirBlast (Left Click) [this should probably work when time rigth to send the twister succesfully - after the click, the vortex will shape into twister slowly while it rushes and stops at the player's in line of sight position, afterwards going towards where clicked, as it does normally)

AirStream:
AirShield (Hold Sneak) >> [Now when switching to whatever bind that isn't an airsuction, the shield's animation will stay, but slowly it will dissapate as time goes pass. However, this won't give you any protection. In order to remove it immediately, you can move forward/elsewhere a little and this fx will disappear in a mili second >> AirSuction (Left Click) [same as I said for switching to other bind, except with this it will stay forever unless you execute smth with this ability] >> [once left click, the bottom point will be pulled outwards from the user in a rope form, shrinking the spiraling "shield" down as if you were to pull out all yarn of a twined cylinder.] AirBlast (Left Click) >> [thickens it more]

Another option could be for the replacement of above, is the scene from canon shown. Creating Airshield then switching to another dissapates as I said earlier. Switching to Airsuction however will create the torrent-ish ring as seen in the gif. Clicking will send the whole torrent to slither away in a line across the air. Switching to AirBlast and left clicking will cause it to straight away appear in front of the target and go around him/her.

Water
IceBullet:
Imo, the combo sequence could be changed a little. Mostly with the WaterBubble beginning (have it use Surge before or after?). Despite that, here's how it should look:

WaterBubble (Tap Shift) [should create a dome beforehand in a water state if (the user) not in water] >> IceBlast (Hold Shift) (freezes it) >> Left/Right Click.

Fire
FireKick:
FireBlast (Left Click) > FireBlast (Left Click) > (Hold Shift) [instead of having particle appear in front, have 'em position infront of the legs one block approximately width] > FireBlast [normal fireblast shouldn't appear, only the combo executed should)

FireSpin:
FireBlast > FireBlast > FireShield [instead of having how it currently is, have them position in a horizotal circle, with the hole in center, surrounding the user] > (Tap Shift) [have it expand and despatch outwards]

FireWheel:
FireShield (Hold Shift) > [the shield stays, no defense] Right Click a block in front of you twice [forms into a wheel] > Switch to Blaze [starts spinning/rotating] > Release Shift [is send as that projectile]

@SuperBower118 Version:
FireShield (Hold Shift) > [the shield stays, no defense] Right Click a block in front of you twice > Switch to Blaze [forms into a SMALL wheel and starts spinning/rotating] > Release Shift [is send as that projectile]

JetBlast
I'll be bias, because I don't like this combo what so ever

JetBlaze
FireJet (Tap Shift) > FireJet (Tap Shift) > Blaze (Tap Shift) [no blazes appears, but particles indicate jetblaze is almost done] > FireJet.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Fire
FireKick:
FireBlast (Left Click) > FireBlast (Left Click) > (Hold Shift) [instead of having particle appear in front, have 'em position infront of the legs one block approximately width] > FireBlast [normal fireblast shouldn't appear, only the combo executed should)

FireSpin:
FireBlast > FireBlast > FireShield [instead of having how it currently is, have them position in a horizotal circle, with the hole in center, surrounding the user] > (Tap Shift) [have it expand and despatch outwards]

FireWheel:
FireShield (Hold Shift) > [the shield stays, no defense] Right Click a block in front of you twice [forms into a wheel] > Switch to Blaze [starts spinning/rotating] > Release Shift [is send as that projectile]

@SuperBower118 Version:
FireShield (Hold Shift) > [the shield stays, no defense] Right Click a block in front of you twice > Switch to Blaze [forms into a SMALL wheel and starts spinning/rotating] > Release Shift [is send as that projectile]

JetBlast
I'll be bias, because I don't like this combo what so ever

JetBlaze
FireJet (Tap Shift) > FireJet (Tap Shift) > Blaze (Tap Shift) [no blazes appears, but particles indicate jetblaze is almost done] > FireJet.
I don't see the point of most of these, to be honest. FireKick is fine the way how it is, the Fireblast at the end only appears if you fireblast after the firekick.

FireShield... well it comes down to the principle that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. I think it's fine the way how it is, though that idea of having a horizontal circle appear underneath the person when they fireshield could be a nice set up to any fire combo (If for some reason, PK wants to add some).

FireWheel... well, as long as they turn it into a move where you can hold the charge if you really want to, then I'd be fine with the extra particles appearing where you look. If not, then I don't see a point in the move because the move is really only useful if you're in a mid-close range fast-paced battle, or if you're going to initiate a surprise attack. Other than that, the only saving grace it really has is that it can block combustion (Why...). The particles would only become a nuisance if anything.

JetBlaze's feature is actually one that should be implemented, so I agree on that.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't see the point of most of these, to be honest. FireKick is fine the way how it is, the Fireblast at the end only appears if you fireblast after the firekick.

FireShield... well it comes down to the principle that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. I think it's fine the way how it is, though that idea of having a horizontal circle appear underneath the person when they fireshield could be a nice set up to any fire combo (If for some reason, PK wants to add some).

FireWheel... well, as long as they turn it into a move where you can hold the charge if you really want to, then I'd be fine with the extra particles appearing where you look. If not, then I don't see a point in the move because the move is really only useful if you're in a mid-close range fast-paced battle, or if you're going to initiate a surprise attack. Other than that, the only saving grace it really has is that it can block combustion (Why...). The particles would only become a nuisance if anything.

JetBlaze's feature is actually one that should be implemented, so I agree on that.
Fire skrubbb

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
Meskenas, all what you are suggesting will not accept as concept designer do not accept any ideas.

Loony

Verified Member
I'm denying this thread simply because it contains a bunch of suggestions, please make one thread per suggestion going into more detail.

Also, this thread contains ideas from PK's leaked document - plagiarism isn't cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.