• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Chances feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
WaterManipulation: if a 7% event occurs, a player that is hit by the attack will get a ice block put on his helmet slot and no damage will be dealt. When that block is equipped, the player's screen will be covered by that block as if suffocated in it. Katara and Korra used this technique once.

Combustion: " Toph launched a boulder at him to cover the group's escape, prompting him to destroy it. As the rock exploded, a single pebble flew off of the rock and struck him directly on his third eye tattoo, blocking his chi. He got up and attempted to shoot another explosion in the group's direction, only to find his ability hampered. The air around him detonated, sending him flying against a nearby wall, enabling the group to escape, much to his anger." Same event could be applied in the plugin, with a 2% chance of occurrence. Of course, like said in the sript, this will result the combustion bender in a huge backward knockback backfire, and unintentional lose of half a heart.

FireBlast: 18% - the target ignites when hit rather of additional damage inflicted.

Torrent: Left clicking once with torrent circulating, there would be a 12% chance of a event. When that occurs, after hitting the player, the player's current selected item will change into a ice block. If there is a solid structure of the size or bigger of a player, the target will be frozen to the structure with only ice in his hand. Shown in The PuppetMaster episode, when Sokka was binded to the tree by his sister.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
I like them EXECEPT the Watermanipulation one.... It seems like they would have to intentionally freeze it around the persons head.

It might be a good combo though!!!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I like them EXECEPT the Watermanipulation one.... It seems like they would have to intentionally freeze it around the persons head.

It might be a good combo though!!!
I know, but here's the problem: they would keep overusing their power to an extent that the combos becomes a frequent phenomenon in battles.

Green

Verified Member
Have a long cooldown.... And combos are good, they are for better benders so they aren't OP.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Even with cooldown, that still leaves issue on. WaterManipulation would have to be rename into IceHead then, which is what people would use it for very often. icehead + torrent stream would make it more easy to land a hit on someone, which I feel like would be a unfair and cheap attack. Combos that have a short activation sequence but gives off a too good advantage for the user over his opponent is considerated overpowered to me.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
In the EarthSmash/Combustion, do you mean it has a 2% event occurrence only when a combustion hits an EarthSmash?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I would like to add a chances idea here. There could be a X% chance that someone is blinded for every earth move. Or most. Except lava

Green

Verified Member
Yes I agree because hard hitting moves like earthsmash and stuff like that in the avatar world could knock someone out for atleast a few seconds so.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Not only knocking out but dust and debris would get into your eyes and would make you temporarily stunned or blinded.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Since earthsmash isn't the only material to be combusted by, I change the post as that combustion should in general have this event regardless if it's earthsmash or not.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Thing I have with the "chance of backfire or misfire" with combustion is that it's only when they get hit in the show. This feature is already in the game (and set to true/false if you don't want it) where if the player is attacked or hit with combustion (this is only in JedCore I believe) the blast will backfire and explode in their face. There is no evidence of the combustion randomly backfiring when they have not been hit or attacked.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Toph launched a boulder at him to cover the group's escape, prompting him to destroy it. As the rock exploded, a single pebble flew off of the rock and struck him directly on his third eye tattoo, blocking his chi.
Here is your evidence.

Sandbending to me is iconic sub-element with the blinding effect on people, so I don't think earth needs more of that in every scenario..

xNuminousx

Verified Member
That single rock is something hitting him, stunning him resulting in his combustion backfire. Still requires an attack upon combustion charging which is already in JedCore.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Still, she did it not intentionally. Even if she wanted too, she would really have to be omniscient to know that exact thing might happen which is highly unlikely for someone to expect that and for her to pull the rock for solve purpose of it to blow up into tiny pieces and one of it's pebbles accurately hit its forehead.

If I were to break a window with a armor, there would be 1 of the billiom/milion chance for one tiny shards of the glass to go behind my eyelid.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Whether she meant to or not, the fact is that there needed to be a physical contact with the combustionbender for the backfire to occur. And as said before, this feature is already in JedCore. I suppose you could suggest it to be in CORE as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.