• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Catapult to be charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony

Verified Member
What's wrong with the current catapult?
With the current catapult and its mechanics, Earthbender's can easily escape from a fight. They can just continuously catapult all around arena's until they regen up to full health. They can do this because catapult is instant and it's very powerful.
If you're wanting to catapult a specific distance, you can't really do so with this because you always overshoot. You can only 1/4 catapult by shifting, but sometimes you might want to go 1/2 of the distance.

What would be changed?
Instead of clicking to catapult, you would have to hold shift. The longer you hold shift, the further you will catapult. If you reach the maximum charge it would instantly catapult you. The maximum charge would take 6 seconds (editable). You would also be able to edit the power increase of each second that the move is charged.
There would be a noise and (maybe) blocks forming around you, signifying how much of the move is charged.

Last edited:

Elias

Verified Member
I support it. I can't say how many times I look bad because an earthbender is making a fool of an avatar by jumping around.

Hero

Verified Member
I support it. I can't say how many times I look bad because an earthbender is making a fool of an avatar by jumping around.
Avatars are fools......stupid avatarstate and elementalsphere...
I support this suggestion.

Elias

Verified Member
Avatars are fools......stupid avatarstate and elementalsphere...
I support this suggestion.
Atleast it's not nearly as destructive as in the show :3 Throwing mountains and jazz. The moment PK lets me throw a mountain I'm totally in *-*

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Not a bad idea, it'd make Catapult more realistic for sure. I can see something like this work, at least it'd make more sense than holding shift to launch less far.

Something that needs to be taken into account here though, is that Catapult is one of earth's only two mobility moves. "Nerfing" Catapult, as it were, would nerf earth as a whole too.

Loony

Verified Member
Something that needs to be taken into account here though, is that Catapult is one of earth's only two mobility moves. "Nerfing" Catapult, as it were, would nerf earth as a whole too.
One of three, if you do count raise earth / earth smash as mobility.

We could say that clicking or tapping shift does a 1/4 catapult, but to go further you have to charge for at least 2 seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.