• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Burning Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliate

Verified Member
Hello!
Today i'm going to be preaching about why the burning effect should be taken out of Fire.
In the show(s), It's almost never that you see someone actually set on fire so why would you get set on fire with every hit?
The burning effect causes lag issues for alot of people aswell as it shaking their screen and interfering with pvp.

Even Chiblockers would jump through the flames like it was nothing, Burn free.

Note then when korra fireblasts the firebender he isn't on fire.
What im purposing is that all the damage that burn does should be implemented into the initial damage and the burn be taken away, Or for the burn to just be gone and no more burn damage added at all.​

Gold

Verified Member
But..... Zuuuko! I think they didn't get burned cuz they were sparring (your gif) and chi blockers probably have flame retardent stuff!

paliate

Verified Member
But..... Zuuuko! I think they didn't get burned cuz they were sparring (your gif) and chi blockers probably have flame retardent stuff!
I don't think so, theres also nothing to suggest that. Even in TLA they wouldn't get burned (while wearing cloth / regular clothing)
But if so, Please send a gif/video of when someone got burned.
I've been looking for the past 40 minutes and I've found no evidence :I

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
They do actually get burned, but only if it's intended. See, Zuko's face was burned because his father meant to burn it as his punishment. The White Lotus member in the first episode of The Legend Of Korra had his robe get burned because Korra intentionally threw fire at it.
Edit: Go to 2:00 in the video, I'm trying to make the gif.

Kiam

Verified Member
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/firebending-rpg-no-fire-damage.2426/ -- this was denied.
I thought the point of the plugin was to be a bridge
Doesnt matter. I agree as a concept designer as well that burning should be removed. The only reason why Zuko was burned was because of the sustained powerful blast of fire that was shoved into his face. A simple fireblast doesnt make enough contact to actually cause you to catch on fire. The only way that would cause severe burns would be a continuing/consistent flow of heat that lasted more than 3-4 seconds (A fireblast in the show would hit and then explode away in about 1-2 seconds).

This suggestion makes sense and is being marked as looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.