• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Bring Back the Old Catapult!

__Skye

Verified Member
As someone who has used earth for a long time, catapult has always been a must have for me in fights with any element. I would use it in a way that would make me different from other earth-benders who just think to go straight up. I would use my earth-grab and catapult off the sides of it making me go flying horizontally so I could get behind my opponent and catch them off guard. I would also catapult off of mountains and crash down with a shockwave which would startle my opponents because they wouldn't expect it. I guess I just miss how I could use my catapult creatively and horizontally. Now I can only use it vertically so the only other option I have for being a speedy earth-bender is earthsmash which is not very effective.

It would be nice if you could redo catapult in a future update so that it would give earth the push it needs

Thank you for your time
~Skye

AndDrew

Verified Member
I agree, earth is a bit of a lackluster element when it comes to mobility. Not too much but I think a horizontal catapult option would work quite nice. Good suggestion.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I agree, earth is a bit of a lackluster element when it comes to mobility. Not too much but I think a horizontal catapult option would work quite nice. Good suggestion.
That's because it should be. I even think whoever created earthsmash mobility was very generious because the capability to give them the capacity of an firebender level is way too much.

As for redoing the ability, you should at least consider that while you may like it to use it against other benders, that doesn't necessary that others enjoy how they like the ability being used on them. That's where the original design for the ability felt cheap and unfair, because "LMAO I can rocket at the speed of light, shockwave spam so fuck u! you kent catch me nea nea nea!!!!1!".

You still can catapult at the same as you used. Except it requires you to charge the ability (hold shift long enough till the ability max tier and automaticly catapults you).

__Skye

Verified Member
That's because it should be. I even think whoever created earthsmash mobility was very generious because the capability to give them the capacity of an firebender level is way too much.

As for redoing the ability, you should at least consider that while you may like it to use it against other benders, that doesn't necessary that others enjoy how they like the ability being used on them. That's where the original design for the ability felt cheap and unfair, because "LMAO I can rocket at the speed of light, shockwave spam so fuck u! you kent catch me nea nea nea!!!!1!".

You still can catapult at the same as you used. Except it requires you to charge the ability (hold shift long enough till the ability max tier and automaticly catapults you).
Although earthsmash offers you mobility it really doesn't help out too much in an advanced fight unless you're really smart with it. You're open to so many attacks from other benders due to you not being able to block other moves or fire back.

I presume you haven't experienced earth in higher level play, horizontal catapult isn't easy to pull off and it isn't always effective. I feel that earth should have the option to catapult off of a vertical surface again. Horizontal catapult isn't even used for shock wave due to it not giving you enough height to activate the ability so that doesn't make any sense.

I do understand how catapult now currently works but it restricts how high level earthbenders are able to use it.

Thanks!

Da Psic

Verified Member
Well, its just different there. They din't allow it to be horizontal, they have the default config.
The configuration file changes how bending works.

__Skye

Verified Member
Well, its just different there. They din't allow it to be horizontal, they have the default config.
The configuration file changes how bending works.
Is it configurable to be able to catapult off of vertical surfaces?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Although earthsmash offers you mobility it really doesn't help out too much in an advanced fight unless you're really smart with it. You're open to so many attacks from other benders due to you not being able to block other moves or fire back.

I presume you haven't experienced earth in higher level play, horizontal catapult isn't easy to pull off and it isn't always effective. I feel that earth should have the option to catapult off of a vertical surface again. Horizontal catapult isn't even used for shock wave due to it not giving you enough height to activate the ability so that doesn't make any sense.

I do understand how catapult now currently works but it restricts how high level earthbenders are able to use it.

Thanks!
Well what I do is lift a concerete wall (raisewall with sneak) before catapulting myself, since that works fine giving you cover unless I happen to be slower that manages to approach move over the wall, but that the problem of mine and the earthbenders for very slow reaction.

I don't what you mean by horizontal catapult, as you can only go upward straight or diagonally as that ability allows you to. If the catapult used to do that and I'm sorry for not aknoledging or being aware of it, but you been better of suggesting that than redo the whole complete catapult system. That was kinda the point why it was nerfed, because people would use it to very little effort to drop terrakinetic canon-ball on everyone, because both are that much power and it's outrageous they can pull such trick with no sweat. And I do play earthbending myself very often (which may I add too often along with waterbending without giving much time and try for airbending and firebending). I know you used to love the old one, but you're thinking straight how it affects others.