• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Breaking Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
I personally think that chosen moves from Earth , Fire , Water , and Air can break blocks depending on their capabilities and the number of blocks being broken also depends on the power of the ability.
The moves are :
WATER
Torrent and Surge
FIRE
FireBlast and FireBurst
EARTH
EarthBlast , Shockwave , EarthSmash and RaiseEarth
AIR
AirBlast , AirBurst and AirSweep (Combo)

Helios

Verified Member
Fine , let's just see what others think. That okay for you?
This is a place for everyone to post what they think, and I did not say ANYTHING about not caring for what others think. I simply stated my opinion, as I should have the right to do. Plus, I think it's a little unfair that you are trying to put words in my mouth.

orfeas

Verified Member
Calm down.I do not really think that this idea would be good but it is good that you posted it so if everyone rejects it others will not post something like this again.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Fire should be able to break blocks with Combustion, and not Fire Blast, neither Fire Burst.
My suggestion is to use the most explosive moves instead of the most powerful ones.

FIRE -
Combustion, Lightning, & charged Fire Blast

I don't see any Air moves in the PK plugin being able to have the power to break blocks.

Water, not Surge because it is a wave, not a blast.
so for Water I suggest:

WATER -
Ice Blast
I can't think of any :L

Earth, Lava moves should break blocks, and Shockwave should leave a corrupted path

This probably wasn't a big help xD

ILLFATE

Verified Member
Fire should be able to break blocks with Combustion, and not Fire Blast, neither Fire Burst.
My suggestion is to use the most explosive moves instead of the most powerful ones.

FIRE -

I don't see any Air moves in the PK plugin being able to have the power to break blocks.

so for Water I suggest:

WATER -
Ice Blast
Earth, Lava moves should break blocks, and Shockwave should leave a corrupted path
Firstly , combustion already breaks blocks. I can agree with you in the Air thingy. Surge cause i think of it as a tsunami ^^

6tijn

Verified Member
I don't think charged fireblast should be able to brake blocks. Now it's like combustion, because it creates explosions. I never saw explosions in the series but with combustion bending. as for water, I agree icelblast should brake blocks.

David

Verified Member

FIRE -

so for Water I suggest:

WATER -
Ice Blast
Although I don't really like this idea because GRIEF, but I don't think Ice Blast should be able to break blocks, I think torrent should, if any. Hama used it to slice a rock in three.

Also, I disagree with your comment on air because Aang has shown many many times capabilities of breaking structures. Like when he went to the Northern Air Temple, he practically blew a wall open and tons of equipment and sent them flying across the mountains. He also used it to blow open several doors through out the series. He's also pierced a giant meteor into little bits of dust when he was facing a Fire Nation blockade.

Finally, as for Earth, I don't think earth abilities should be able to break blocks, but I did have an idea of a suggestion for Earth that I was going to make eventually but was too lazy for; the move is "Rumble," similar to what Kuvira did against Korra in the latest episode, she caused a rock to crumble and explode in Korra's face. The suggestion is sort of like Lava Flow except when they click on Earthbendables it's not lava, it's just a bunch of dirt particles and blocks breaking and causing small damage and knockback to anyone who's got trapped in it. This would also be able to block Earth Smash, Earth Blast, and destroy Earth Walls. Also, I'm not really sure but I could also see this crumbling a PART of Shockwave, how shockwave is an ever expanding ring, this move would create a small opening in the ring.

One day I'll actually make that Earth suggestion, I hope, or someone else will

Moonelight

Verified Member
Firstly , combustion already breaks blocks. I can agree with you in the Air thingy. Surge cause i think of it as a tsunami ^^
Combustion doesn't do damage to the surrounding blocks, at least in the server I use.
Surge is a wave that does knock back, it says so.

& to fix the concern about greifing, the damage done can just vanish & the fixed land will generate.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Physics of Bending Aspects:
Airbending is based on blowing their opponents away or smashing them to walls and many more. The Physics of Airbending is passive, not agressive. Airbending was never known to be based on "power" like you stated. It's evasion and defensive ultimately. Not even Aang's airswipe can break through Earth Walls.
1:18 - 1:21

It would make more sense to allow AirScooter to climb up walls rather than breaking the walls. Airbending has only been shown to break through rocks in the avatar state. Which let me remind you means that 75 and more airbenders had to have blown air at the same time just to break rock. *Bumps Team Moves* Anyways, the reality is that Airbending was never made to break rocks. Keep in mind, deflecting earthblast with airburst is completely different. That's possible, but breaking through walls, no...

Waterbending is based on changing defensive and offensive. As shown by several waterbenders, they do have the potential to cut boulders with sharp water. I believe that only certain waterbending moves can cut through EarthSmash and Earth walls.

OctopusForm - Sharp tentacles can pierce through boulders and rocks such as EarthSmash and Earthblast. I also believe that since OctopusForm can cut through ice, it can have a 60% of piercing through an earthwall. In order to do so, they must be clicking like how they hit players with the tentacles. Meaning, if they hit 10 times. they will have 6 out of 10 chance of breaking a part of the wall.

Torrent: Powerful streams of torrent can sharpen and cut through rocks and have a 80% chance of cutting through Earth walls. 8 out of 10 chance of doing so.

1:36 - 1:43

Firebending is based on power and energy. Of course Earthbenders can break walls with Earth Foundation on it, but Firebenders have the potential to burst and explode the wall. I believe only certain firebending moves can break through walls.

Lightning - Has a 100% chance of breaking through a wall.

Combustion - Has a 100% chance of breaking through a wall.

Fireblast - Has an 80% chance (8/10 chance) of breaking through a wall

FireCombos:
FireKick - has a 70% chance of breaking earthgrab and earthblast. Has a 30% chance of breaking through a wall.
FireWheel - has a 80% chance of breaking earthblast and earthgrab. has a 35% chance of breaking through a wall.

0:50 - 0:54

promancer

Verified Member
Physics of Bending Aspects:
Airbending is based on blowing their opponents away or smashing them to walls and many more. The Physics of Airbending is passive, not agressive. Airbending was never known to be based on "power" like you stated. It's evasion and defensive ultimately. Not even Aang's airswipe can break through Earth Walls.
1:18 - 1:21

It would make more sense to allow AirScooter to climb up walls rather than breaking the walls. Airbending has only been shown to break through rocks in the avatar state. Which let me remind you means that 75 and more airbenders had to have blown air at the same time just to break rock. *Bumps Team Moves* Anyways, the reality is that Airbending was never made to break rocks. Keep in mind, deflecting earthblast with airburst is completely different. That's possible, but breaking through walls, no...

Waterbending is based on changing defensive and offensive. As shown by several waterbenders, they do have the potential to cut boulders with sharp water. I believe that only certain waterbending moves can cut through EarthSmash and Earth walls.

OctopusForm - Sharp tentacles can pierce through boulders and rocks such as EarthSmash and Earthblast. I also believe that since OctopusForm can cut through ice, it can have a 60% of piercing through an earthwall. In order to do so, they must be clicking like how they hit players with the tentacles. Meaning, if they hit 10 times. they will have 6 out of 10 chance of breaking a part of the wall.

Torrent: Powerful streams of torrent can sharpen and cut through rocks and have a 80% chance of cutting through Earth walls. 8 out of 10 chance of doing so.

1:36 - 1:43

Firebending is based on power and energy. Of course Earthbenders can break walls with Earth Foundation on it, but Firebenders have the potential to burst and explode the wall. I believe only certain firebending moves can break through walls.

Lightning - Has a 100% chance of breaking through a wall.

Combustion - Has a 100% chance of breaking through a wall.

Fireblast - Has an 80% chance (8/10 chance) of breaking through a wall

FireCombos:
FireKick - has a 70% chance of breaking earthgrab and earthblast. Has a 30% chance of breaking through a wall.
FireWheel - has a 80% chance of breaking earthblast and earthgrab. has a 35% chance of breaking through a wall.

0:50 - 0:54
Airbendings passive was their CULTURE, not their element. Air also represents the winds of a hurricane, or the strength of a tornado. Zaheer has shown that is isnt the "peaceful element". Also, keep in mind, alot can change about your attitude torwards battle when your culture is wiped off the face of the earth. Anyway, I agree with fire and waters abilities to edit terrain as it has been shown throught the series is logical in nature. I would suggest that lightning would leave more of a deep hole rather than a large one as it is a more centered attack.

promancer

Verified Member
Combustion doesn't do damage to the surrounding blocks, at least in the server I use.
Surge is a wave that does knock back, it says so.

& to fix the concern about greifing, the damage done can just vanish & the fixed land will generate.
Tsunami Definition: a long high sea wave caused by an earthquake, submarine landslide, or other disturbance. Sorry, just thought it would be neccessary to give another view on this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.