• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Boiling water?

So a question on many people's minds is that...
If waterbenders can control the temperature of water to the point of it turning to ice, can they do the opposite and boil water?
People and their "special" bending consists of the sandbenders and swampy plantbenders, the northern and southern tribes are special as they can also freeze water, could it be the enviroment they're living in?

Perhaps the ability to boil water might be undiscovered, toph bent metal when it was deemed impossible, because she learnt of the molecules of the metal, giving her the ability to metalbend, glass also contains earthly properties, but we haven't seen anyone bending glass, just smashing them.
What do you all think? Now these are some of the replies im expecting so if you're one of those to reply these just don't

Q:If waterbenders can boil water and scald people how is that fair, giving waterbenders the power of heat from firebenders
A:Firebenders and waterbenders couldnt be more different, and the power between them is obvious, i just got this idea and maybe waterbenders could be seen as less weak in many servers because of this.

Q:Maybe the ability to freeze water is because of the connections between the molecules of the water, affecting it can cause water to solidify,this doesn't prove how water can be boiled.
A:Well, i won't even try to answer this one, you do the science and figure it out yourself on how people can create fire with their bare hands.

I'm tempted to say that their temperature range is only liquid and solid for water, but we've seen them make fog and mist before.
While theoretically likely to be possible, I theorize that rather than focusing on exact temperatures, they can only focus on changing the state of the water. So for example, changing ice to water, water to ice, ice to mist, but they can't control the exact temperatures of either of those states. They only have a sense of changing the state. Hopefully that makes at least a little sense.

However, regardless of whether or not it's possible with waterbending, how would this be implemented into the plugin? Does water need this addition, when it was never seen in the show? How do you simulate being scalded? Water doesn't exactly have temperature simulation in game. Minecraft seems to be pretty far from temperature simulation in general. Might be tricky to code.

I'd be more tempted to support this if we'd seen evidence of them heating the water to scalding temperatures in the show.

Would evaporating be the same as heating up water? evaporation occurs everyday at every second, boiling is changing liquid to gas at or above its boiling point, evaporation is changing liquid to gas below its boiling point. Two seem pretty different

ILLFATE

Would evaporating be the same as heating up water? evaporation occurs everyday at every second, boiling is changing liquid to gas at or above its boiling point, evaporation is changing liquid to gas below its boiling point. Two seem pretty different
Did some research , eh? I'm a pretty dumb bitch so k

If that's true, then it's even less likely that waterbenders boiling water is possible. Because they don't need to get it that hot to change it to gas. So maybe they can only control that much of a temperature range, and not higher when it comes to changing water temperature. You're disproving your own point with science .-.

HydroMan

I'm asking for opinions lol
Like @TheBlueSpirit said ,they don't control the tempature ,they just change the water state to solid(ice) or gas(mist/steam), so i don't think they will able to change it ,that my opinion. Also if they even could boil it ,then they would easily hurt their opponents by using boiling water in combat and sometimes scald them (due to the kid show ,they would ofcourse try as much to avoid the water attacks being hit,as it might be damaging as like the lavabending does).

owlcool

Wait wait wait, Couldn't FIREBENDERS do this? I mean, it is quite theoretically possible, with firebenders being able to heat tea, Zuko being able to keep himself heated, Fire being the element of heat, and Asami telling Mako to boil water himself? I mean, it is less theoretical and more cannon, the only question is to what extent they can make water boil, like how far, etc. This would be useful against water campers.